too soon for a date?

Old 04-29-2011, 01:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

too soon for a date?

Okay here is a tough one? My ex who I still have feeling for is in jail. I have not hered from her since March 8, A friend of mine said she knows someone who wants to see me b/c she saw me and since i am single now . But I am having a hard time knowing what to do.My ex wont get out from jail for a year but she put me through hell b/c of her drinking. I still love her but I dont know if I can commit myself to someone else right now b/c I have not talked to her and dont know if she still loves me. Any advise would help!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would say no, it's not fair to your potential date if you still have feelings for this other woman.

I say take a break from relationships and work on recovering from being with an alcoholic.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

OK, so... here's my thing:

Is it a date as in "we're going out to check out if the other party is suitable material for a future marital union"? If so, no, I don't think you're ready, based on what you're saying, and I'd agree with Ponder.

But if it's just a date as in "go out and chat with with someone of the opposite sex" I don't see the problem with that.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Just last week you posted:

So She is in the hospital again today,Not at the jail. I called b/c her picture is not on the website. She has awfull panic attacks and the jail WILL not dispence her meds to her. How do you cope not talking or seeing the one you love? I love her sooooo much that Its driving me crazy and I cant think or eat! I just want her in bed ,holding her,touching her,She drank b/c of her rape,father beating her,and distrust in men. She is very pretty for 40 years old. she looks like she is in her early 30"s. I just cant hold out much longer before i crack!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were coming unglued last week over this other gal and now you're talking about committing to a new relationship? Maybe you should take some time before starting anything new.