Notices

Day 10 with no sin! Well just the drinking sin :)

Old 04-29-2011, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Day 10 with no sin! Well just the drinking sin :)

Hope I'm not anoying yall with my little rhymes. Just in a good mood and like to be the class clown sometimes. Ok another weekend to get through! Got to work all day tomorrow and then Sunday take the family on a picnic and yard work so should be good! Last night so far was the toughest. had a crazy work day and a cold toddy just seemed the right thing but I kept my ground. Kept cutting up veggies for home made pizza and then watered the front plants till 10. Really want to think many of you for the your posts and the support you show to a total stranger. Its strange that sometimes people get treated best by a stranger than someone they know. I guess this disease brings out the best in people and of course sometimes the worst when not sober. Have a blessed weekend everybody!!
a122::Val D007:
Old 04-29-2011, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm on my 10th, too!!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations to you. It's probably a good thing that you work tomorrow. Weekends are hard! I tried to go to a meeting today but I couldn't walk in the door. Amazing. I need to find a women's meeting.

I do feel good though, and so do you. I'm so glad you are doing so well.

Keep on rhymin':

It's the week - end
so I wanna send
this little thought
out to my friends.

When you're on the brink
and you wanna drink
take the time to think--
or tomorrow's gonna stink.

There. I can do it too!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

you can rhyme and rap and sing as long as you stay sober H2Q!! congrats on your double digits and count as much as you like.

you might want to check out the gratitude thread in the evenings if you feel bit low...or even if you feel good...it is helpful to me.

enjoy your weekend!
Old 04-29-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

having freinds over for the game tonight and I have never not had a drink when games are on. I mean since I was 18. This is a first for me! i can do it though!
Old 04-29-2011, 01:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know you can do it. You know you can do it.

And might I add, maybe what we did when eighteen wasn't such a good idea anyway...
Old 04-29-2011, 01:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Besides, tomorrow will be a magical confluence when our days will rhyme. Just this once I will have seven and you will have eleven days. Woohoo! The cosmos align.

Be there.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cfp View Post
I know you can do it, and remember day eleven will be like heaven
worth repeating....:rotfxko
Old 04-29-2011, 04:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey cfp you beat me to it. I was going to use that tomorrow. lol
Old 04-30-2011, 01:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

A great and busy day 10 for me, too! I've been up since 6.00am watching the royal wedding. Since I'm a Brit in CA I can't think of a better day to be an expat! Then on to a morning party, where everyone was drinking mimosas and champagne, but I had tons of English tea and Perrier. Then onto another where they were all quaffing wine, but I had a nice apple cider and several large coffees. Then my best friend's 40th birthday party this evening, where I arrived at her house to drive her to the venue with my red New Beetle bedecked in balloons, ribbons and 'Happy Birthday' painted all over it by my fair hand. Onto a party with cocktails, champagne, people getting in a total state...and me with my delicious ginger beer in a champagne glass. Not one person noticed I wasn't drinking (and I knew if anyone was going to ask me, it would be today - back to back parties from 8am - 12.30am) and I feel fantastic. I didn't feel any cravings, or feelings of being 'absent' from the festivities, and I laughed all night. Only drawback? Being the designated driver (again). But let me tell you, I'm going to be up bright eyed and bushy tailed tomorrow morning..and I know where they will be (bed) and how they will feel (lousy). Which normally would have been me. Fab!!
Old 04-30-2011, 11:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How did you get on during the game, H2Q? Was thinking of you and sending you strong vibes!