Notices

Day6

Old 04-28-2011, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day6

This has been the worst yet. After years of taking care of my grandbabies my children have decided I am not suffering enough and chosen to be cold uncaring and have thrown me away like I mean nothing. I done everything they asked gotten helped joined a 6 day a week program and they Judy keep moving the goal post so they can have a relationship with my ex abusive husband who nearly killed me 24 years ago . Going through this and then having them do that has just about killed me. I am lost.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

I am so sorry you're going through this. All I can offer is the promise that sobriety will open doors for you.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
I am so sorry you're going through this. All I can offer is the promise that sobriety will open doors for you.
No offence and thank you for you response but my kids had no idea I drank, I had drinks after my day was done and only drank a couple of hours a night. It wasnt til I was told to be honest that my life has fallen apart.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

I'm sorry that you are struggling right now.

I'm not sure how being honest has made your life fall apart. I have found that honesty in recovery has helped me a huge amount.

I hope that you keep reading and posting.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It didn't help this situation.. It gave some selfish people ammo and gave them an excuse to abandon their mother. One day I am cooking Easter dinner and keepingvthe children the literally overnight it was overblown to tramayic levels. Not all situations are the same.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're in a bad situation right now Grandnana.

I can promise you that there's nothing to be gained by going backwards tho...I encourage you to keep sober and keep moving forward....

it's my experience that there's not a lot I can do about some dysfunctional family members, but I can make sure I'm doing right by me.

Sometimes all things needed was a little time.
I hope that things will work out for you with your family.

Are you using any support network apart from us?

D
Old 04-29-2011, 08:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dee, thank you so much fir your response and your more than true words. Yes. I start celebrate recovery Monday . I will have groups 5-6 days a week plus a councelor to get at the reasons that I let my panic get out of control , what caused it, and why I thought I could treat it with alcohol. Again thank you, I was very angry and depressed yesterday but I am getting more of a handle on it the farther I get from alcohol and the closer I get to putting my plan for recovery ib play. Btw....day 7!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's really to read that you're feeling better today, Grandnana! I hope that you continue to work on your recovery and allow your family to see the changes in yourself.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congratulations on day 7 and for getting through a rough day yesterday. I'm sorry your family isn't being supportive.

Stay focused on sobriety and remember that there isn't any problem that drinking won't make worse. There's every hope things can change in the future. Hang in there!:ghug3
Old 04-29-2011, 09:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Grandnana, I am a grandma too who has taken care of my grandkids for my son. I feel your heartache. I am so sorry for what you are going through right now.
Your situation is definitely different from my own, but we share the joy of grandparenting but also the sometimes pain and frustration of dealing with our own children. You are not alone, especially here on SR.

Looking back now (today is 10 weeks sober for me!). I see NOW that I put my grandchildren at risk whenever they were with me, even during sleepovers. No one, including my husband, knew how much I was really drinking. I drank at dinner and before their bedtime thinking I was in total control. What if I had had a blackout? I was lucky that their grandfather was here too. Thank God nothing ever happened while I was "under the influence"! BTW: Have you read that book (Under the Influence) yet?

I haven't posted on SR for 2 weeks, so I don't know what kind of treatment you're getting. During my first weeks, I was an emotional and physical mess dealing with the symptoms of detox and the side effects of medications I was on.

Each day sober, you will feel better and better, so hang in there. Hopefully, your family will see how hard you are working.:ghug3

BTW: Congrats on 7 days....that is huge!
Old 04-29-2011, 03:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on your week grandnana - awesome

welcome back to you too nikkipoo - 10 weeks is great too!

D
Old 04-29-2011, 04:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

congrat's on day 6 Grandnana!! hang in there!!