Notices

Second Sober Day

Old 04-26-2011, 07:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Second Sober Day

Today is day #2. I feel GREAT!!!!!!!

I slept more soundly than I have in weeks. I can't even remember sleeping that good. And last night I was worried I wouldn't fall asleep - but thankfully husband put on the Charlie Rose show and that did it!!

I've been reading this book, Moments of Clarity. Really good, full of personal stories of addictions of all types. Helps me realize I'm not alone.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you Lost!! Your definitely not alone! Reading the posts here and researching alcoholism made me quite aware we have company! lol

Best Wishes To You! :ghug3
Old 04-26-2011, 07:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Thanks so much opivotal!!!! I'm so glad to be here. I am full of so much hope and joy right now. Just happy.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep the faith Lost! Doing well!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Thanks. Best wishes to you too.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stay strong and keep up the good work!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Thanks Bikeguy!!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
The Winner Takes It All!!!!!

Originally Posted by Lost3000 View Post
Today is day #2. I feel GREAT!!!!!!!

I slept more soundly than I have in weeks. I can't even remember sleeping that good. And last night I was worried I wouldn't fall asleep - but thankfully husband put on the Charlie Rose show and that did it!!

I've been reading this book, Moments of Clarity. Really good, full of personal stories of addictions of all types. Helps me realize I'm not alone.
Just trawling through these forums daily is good therapy too, if you feel good on day 2 imagine how you will feel on day 200!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

I can only dream of day 200. For now I'll just think of today. I have been routing around the forums. I really like it here. Thanks for your post!

Originally Posted by ProfessorFudger View Post
Just trawling through these forums daily is good therapy too, if you feel good on day 2 imagine how you will feel on day 200!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me as well. Feeling better already, both physically and about myself. I am happy for your good sleep. Your body was likely very happy with you for that. I haven't been so fortunate yet. I usually pass out around 9 or 10. The last 2 nights I fell aspleep around 2:30am. I don't feel all that tired though, better than being half drunk still. Hang in there. As someone that has had weeks and months over sobriety mixed in with my years of drunkeness, it only gets better and better, until you screw up and have to start over.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Thanks Humbled, good luck to you too!!

One thing I used to do, pre-drunkenness, is do pushups until I couldn't any longer. That did the trick and put me right to sleep.

Originally Posted by Humbled77 View Post
Day 2 for me as well. Feeling better already, both physically and about myself. I am happy for your good sleep. Your body was likely very happy with you for that. I haven't been so fortunate yet. I usually pass out around 9 or 10. The last 2 nights I fell aspleep around 2:30am. I don't feel all that tired though, better than being half drunk still. Hang in there. As someone that has had weeks and months over sobriety mixed in with my years of drunkeness, it only gets better and better, until you screw up and have to start over.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Day 2, actually night 2, I felt like throwing myself through a plate glass window. Insomnia, leg cramps, night sweats, shakes, 45 minutes of sleep maybe, etc...

Little did I know that the Charlie Rose Show could have hepled me through that night of hell. Note to self.

LOL

Great Job...
Zube
Old 04-26-2011, 11:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Did you have any problems with withdrawals?

That question is for everybody...
Old 04-26-2011, 11:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

@ IrishEyes 88

Yes. I'm on day 7, and it was rough this time (did it last November also). I had night sweats - all over, including my legs and feet all through nights 2 and 3. Headache, feeling 'icky', nausea, stiff neck and shoulders, insomnia, loss of appetite, backache, stomach cramps. All mild enough, but I did feel off. But each day these got better. Today I feel wonderful. A friend who hasn't seen me since before I quit remarked on how well I look. My skin is clear, my face isn't puffy and I don't have huge swollen eye bags. I've got tons of energy and motivation to do all the things I've been ignoring for a while. My head is clear, my thoughts aren't all jumbled up, and I won my first game of online scrabble against my mother in law for the first time in months. In fact, she accused me of cheating!! (Not so!!). I'm enjoying my night time book instead of forgetting what I read. I'm talking with my husband instead of avoiding him. I'm playing with my kids. I smell good.

I read your first posting on another thread about quitting cold turkey. I must plead with you to listen to the voices of experience here. You don't say how much you drank/drink but their caution in quitting cold turkey is very sensible advice. It really can kill you if you do it without medical supervision. I was stupid doing it myself, but I took the risk. Daft. It was quite a frightening experience and I know I don't EVER want to go through it again. I know what we Europeans are like (I AM assuming you are one! I'm a Brit and I totally understand the way we avoid going to the doctor at all costs) but I really think you should check in with the doc just to make sure you are safe doing this. Good luck and keep posting!!

Last edited by newwings; 04-26-2011 at 11:33 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 04-26-2011, 12:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Irish Eyes. Horrible Withdrawls until Day 3 when I saw my Dr. and got some help with withdrawl meds.

Wish that I would have seen the doc before day one.

Zube
Old 04-26-2011, 12:35 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zube View Post
Irish Eyes. Horrible Withdrawls until Day 3 when I saw my Dr. and got some help with withdrawl meds.

Wish that I would have seen the doc before day one.

Zube
I'll keep this in mind, i have an appointment next tuesday, and my target date for quitting is the 5th of may.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Happy to see this neweings, humbled, lost! It keeps getting better and better!
Old 04-26-2011, 02:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

JWilly-

I would definitely advise seeing your Dr. and let him know that you are specifically concerned with alcohol withdrawl and physical detox. Your Dr. will take this serious, as alcohol withdrawl can sometimes result in death if not treated.

Good luck on the Cinco de Mayo!!
Zube