Studying my prepardness manual

Old 04-26-2011, 06:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Studying my prepardness manual

Good Morning all,
Hope you're all avoiding the nasty weather, and staying safe.

As some of you know, Mr. Moose and I will travel home to Ohio this coming Sunday....this is when I find out if I can maintain my boundaries, and remain detached from my oldest AS.

He is 37, but yet acts like a 14 year old, so sad. Even sadder is the fact that because of this behavior, he is not being included in his son's life.

I have boundaries which appear harsh, but they're for my serenity, and I'm not planning on having contact with this son. After 37 years, he knows exactly what button to push. Actually I'm not even planning on answering his calls, which I know will start, because we have the grandson 3 days a week, and he will want to come over.

SO....wish me luck.
Send a prayer my way.......
Any advice is welcomed.....

Last edited by mooselips; 04-26-2011 at 06:02 AM. Reason: didn't like the font :)
Old 04-26-2011, 06:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your boundaries don't seem harsh. Good luck but I think you will be fine!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm cheering you on, Moose.

The good news is we don't need approval on our boundaries.

The bad news is, we may need a pit bull to guard them.

Have a safe and wonderful trip and don't fret. Fretting just doesn't do anything for us except give us wrinkles.

Huggers:ghug3
Old 04-26-2011, 06:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Moose))) - the boundaries sound good to me, and I have faith in you that you can keep them.

Having gone NC with my niece, after some totally unacceptable behavior on her part, I was surprised to see her name on my phone as an incoming call. Didn't answer it (though admit I did check to see if she'd left a message or texted me - she didn't). Momentarily thought of the what if's..is she sick, hurt, in trouble? then realized she's made choices to get where she is in her life, and I'm going to let her learn what consequences mean.

All these thought processes happened in mere minutes, but I'm glad I didn't answer the phone, and have no intention of doing so until she has a major attitude change.

I GOT to this point by heeding the advice of you and others, here

Have a safe trip and maybe change his name on the phone to something like "don't need this" so that's what you see when he calls?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-26-2011, 06:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You got this. Stay strong.
I'll be thinking of you and rooting you on!!

Alice
Old 04-26-2011, 07:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Amy,
I deleted his name and number from my cell phone!

And the house phone announces who's calling....

I'm going to be strong, and not be a wimp.
MY life, I get to choose who I want in it.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

mooselips
Sounds like your preparedness manual is well written. I'm not sure if Ann has a pitbull you can borrow but I hear she has some MEAN bunny slippers.
Take care and have a safe trip home.
gentle hugs
ke
Old 04-26-2011, 08:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Hi Mooselips. It sounds like you've got a good plan. You have alot of recovery under your belt too. And don't forget that we are all here standing with you for support.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi Moosie,

I remember someone here replaced their A's name on their phone with "Quack Quack" so it would remind them 1) who was calling and 2) what to expect if she answered.

In my early days here some wise members reminded me that I could love my son right into his grave if I wasn't careful. There's much our boys need to learn - many important life lessons - and sometimes we moms have to get out of the way so that they can learn 'em.

I'm so glad that you're able to stay in touch with your grandson. You'll all benefit from that.

Safe travels my friend. Let us know when you're home!

Love ya
Cats
Old 04-28-2011, 06:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Moose))

prayers for safe travels for You & Mr!!

and yippeee for grandson time!! how PINKFANTABULIOUS! enjoy every little giggle possible!

And if AS does happen to call and you don't answer - remember not only are you protecting your sanity but you are also giving him respect and dignity to find a healthy way of LIFE, to not have to make a future amends for bad behaviors to you & Mr. Moose, to not disappoint or hurt his son. What a beautiful gift!! You truly are helping HIM as much as you are respecting youself!

What an awesome mom & grandmother!

and yes if all else fails - I do hear that Ann will allow her Bunny Slippers to be borrowed for protection if necessary! I personally have a couple of pair of BIG Girl Panties (in Pink of course) and PINK HIGH HEELS that can be used for back up! Have the codie bus swing by PINK Acres & pick me - I definitely gotcha back girly!

PINK HUGS,
Rita