Notices

Day 1 of week 2!

Old 04-22-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 of week 2!

I don't know how I made it a week, but I did! I've had cravings- but I resisted! I still feel like I'm in a funny place. I don't know yet exactly how to live sober, but I think at this point simply gathering more sober time is probably the most important thing. Thanks all!
Old 04-22-2011, 07:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Please keep in focus...forward is the correct direction
Old 04-22-2011, 08:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dfw

Originally Posted by johnc View Post
I don't know how I made it a week, but I did! I've had cravings- but I resisted! I still feel like I'm in a funny place. I don't know yet exactly how to live sober, but I think at this point simply gathering more sober time is probably the most important thing. Thanks all!
Being from MKE as well, I know it can be particularly hard! You're just surrounded by Miller Brewing, friends that want to go to a bar, etc. But I'm approaching day 20 and the second week seemed the hardest to me. But now I'm at the point where I'm thinking, OK...where do I go from here?
Old 04-22-2011, 08:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job on getting that first week under your belt, I'm over 70 days in and I'm still trying to figure out living sober. I'm learning lots about myself and it's getting easier, so much better than daily hangovers.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

@dfw- most mornings I can actually smell the yeast from the brewery in the air! It's actually not that appealing! MKE is a big drinking city. I suppose if you can stay sober here, you stay sober anywhere!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done, johnc! Adapting to a whole new life style is not easy but the lifestyle we want is so much better. Keep that in front of you as you change your daily habits. That's what I am trying to do.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
dfw

Originally Posted by johnc View Post
@dfw- most mornings I can actually smell the yeast from the brewery in the air! It's actually not that appealing! MKE is a big drinking city. I suppose if you can stay sober here, you stay sober anywhere!
I think that's a pretty true statement. I mean the baseball team is even named the Brewers. It's hard to escape. Sometimes, and I know this sound a bit mean spirited, I just watch drunk people stagger around the east side on the weekends...makes me think, man I bet that was me at one point, I'm glad I'm sober now because that's just embarrassing.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

johnc keep yourself busy and start some hobbies. They always help.