Notices

newbie intro and day 1

Old 04-20-2011, 11:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

cfp, I think most of us are here after trying and failing at moderation. Welcome...you've come to a good place.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I had a huge amount of determination when it came to trying to moderate my drinking. Unfortunately, the alcohol also had a lot of determination and things went from bad to worse.

I'm glad that you found us and know that you can do this.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow cfp sounds justt about like me, the hiding and palnning has become crazy and tired all the time. I was so active until about 6 months ago so it has wore me down and I'm ready for the change also. This is my first day also and I hope I can learn how to on here. Congrats and wish the best
Old 04-20-2011, 11:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome CFP.
Yeah, cutting back doesn't work (for me). The next time I'd drink, I'd drink more to make up for what I didn't the first time. Moderation keeps you thinking about drinking and how much you're drinking and where is that invisiable line you cross over from moderation to alcoholic. It was never defined for me.
Glad you are here to make a change.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome. I'm new too and at virtually the same point in coming to the (unbelieveable) realization that moderation is out of the question for me. I'm glad you introduced yourself-- it was a little intimidating for me Congrats on day one!
Old 04-20-2011, 12:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome, cfp. I can relate to your post. This place is wonderful and I hope you'll keep reading and posting for the support you need. I'm new to this too, and for many of the same reasons you posted. After four days of sobriety I am beginning to "feel" again. Loving the things I used to love and enjoying life a whole lot more. Here's to many more days and months of sober living!
Old 04-20-2011, 04:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome to the forum! I put off reaching out for help for a long time, and it was hard to make my first post here, but I'm so glad I did. None of us can do this on our own.

Progression is a part of this disease, so the sooner we stop the better. Be careful with detox (and see a doctor if you need to). You really can get your life (and your sanity back) - Glad you're here!:ghug3
Old 04-20-2011, 04:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello~

I am also new. I am on day 30. This website seems nice
Old 04-20-2011, 04:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to cfp, Soco88 and mynxt30, lots of great information and support on this site, stop by often!
Old 04-20-2011, 04:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Limiting days, changing type of drinks, trying to control how much I drank (ie moderate drinking) did not work for me either. Once, I drink it is over...as I am an alkie and can never drink..ever.