Back again

Old 04-20-2011, 04:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Back again

It has been a long time since I have posted but having a real hard time the past couple of days. First off let me tell you that yes I have heard about Alonon. So now that we have that out of the way my wife has bassically told me that she thinks she can manage drinking socially again. This is not the first time that this has been tried and it didn't last long before she was back to using. So she came home last night and smelled like beer. Just felt like that knife was stuck in my back once again. Let me fill you in my wife has been to 4 rehabs in the past 4 years. So she knows that she is playing with fire and that is what I don't understand. We have a six year old daughter and a 17 month old son and once again I feel like she is chooseing catching a buzz over her family. To be honest with you I know it sounds crazy but if she would just drink a beer here and there I would be ok with it but in the back of my mind I know that it is not possible for her to do that. It's not a matter of if she will push the button it's a matter of when she goes to far. I am just going to turn it over to my higher power and hope that she will figure it out before she hurts herself or someone else. Please keep my family in your prayers.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Sorry you're still dealing with this. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do for her. If she has been to rehab four times, she knows the truth, she just doesn't want to stop drinking. As an adult, she has the right to do whatever she wants in that area.

You have the right to decide what you will tolerate for yourself and your kids. Good to know you've heard of al-anon. Why not find a meeting and go? It can be a huge help.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I understand the pain of watching your loved one relapse. It's that "here we go again" feeling.

You, your wife and your dear children will be in my prayers today.

gentle hugs
ke