Notices

Ah the sunny days again...

Old 04-20-2011, 02:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Idiot!

Ah the sunny days again...

It's that time of year again - sunny days always make me think about drinking. Sitting in the garden or the beer garden. What simple innocent pleasures... -NOT

What I have to do at times like this is something I learned on here - play the tape to the end. The next day, waking up wet from peeing myself. Wondering what mayhem I caused the night before. Shuffling around looking for leftovers to fix the shakes. Mental torment of waiting until it's an acceptable time of the day to start the cycle all over again.

No thanks. I'll stick to a nice coffee or ginger beer and be grateful that I am one of the lucky ones who does not have to pick up a drink today. And then I'll do the same tomorrow.

I'm nearly 15 months sober and don't want to throw it all down the drain - and I won't. Thanks for being here SR! I wouldn't be here without you all.

Stu.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i know the feeling, i built this small area just to hang out and drink and cook a few years ago, i find it hard to use at the moment and thats fine, i am currently using it to store stuff.

i hate to admit this but i have also woke up after a drunken binge wet from p*** a few times, the feeling is horrible and to know how it spreads to your spouses side of the bed... i must have the best wife ever for her to had tolerated that.

i too like playing the tape to the end, i am enjoying this sober season.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

:day6:day6
Old 04-20-2011, 03:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel ya friend. I'm not craving booze, but I want am really aching for weed. 102 days sober from marijuana and these last few days have been the toughest. The awesome weather is definitely making things tougher though, but I could probably talk myself into using in any weather. Thanks for the encouraging post!
Old 04-20-2011, 03:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's not much difference between the seasons here, but I can guarantee a sober summer is better than a wasted one, guys

good stuff

D
Old 04-20-2011, 04:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChopperTS View Post
It's that time of year again - sunny days always make me think about drinking. Sitting in the garden or the beer garden. What simple innocent pleasures... -NOT

What I have to do at times like this is something I learned on here - play the tape to the end. The next day, waking up wet from peeing myself. Wondering what mayhem I caused the night before. Shuffling around looking for leftovers to fix the shakes. Mental torment of waiting until it's an acceptable time of the day to start the cycle all over again.

No thanks. I'll stick to a nice coffee or ginger beer and be grateful that I am one of the lucky ones who does not have to pick up a drink today. And then I'll do the same tomorrow.

I'm nearly 15 months sober and don't want to throw it all down the drain - and I won't. Thanks for being here SR! I wouldn't be here without you all.

Stu.
I totally understand you. yesterday was such a beautiful day here...all I wanted to do was sit outside with a drink or 30 (quite seriously) and forget and numb everything....

Massive congrats on 15 months!!! I think that is awesome...I have been sober for 1 month, so look forward to being in your shoes in 14 months time.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Uggg I know. Its been super nice here (minus the tornadoes) I love to sit by the pool, grill, work in the yard (not that i got a lot done) and drink. i like what you said about play the tape to the end. I would be sick, depressed, anxious and wind up wasting one entire day NOT enjoying the nice weather.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ginger beer garden sounds good.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Chopper, thanks for the great post. Been really craving a beer lately. I take one look at my daughter and the craving is gone. I try to keep focusing on the negative on taking that drink.....especially the anxiety from hangovers. I am reading Rational Recovery and that seems to be helping. Gotta tame that beast in me.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I hear ya. It was rough grilling the other night and only drinking a root beer.

Congrats on 15 months Chopper!
Old 04-21-2011, 05:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for the awesome post Chopper, and a Big Congrats on 15 months!

Just last weekend me and my wife went out to eat a early dinner at my favorite fish restaurant and it was sunny out and the first thing my wife order was a margarita. Now I have a little over 2 years sober and in the past times we went out this was not a problem she maybe has 2 to 4 drinks all year. But for some reason that day and the sun was out and the first time in a long time I thought to myself one would be nice just one. I learned the same thing Chopper right here on SR to play to tape to to end, it's a great tool. I love SR!

Road