Notices

funny how tryin 2 numb life turns n2 an addiction

Old 04-17-2011, 11:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

funny how tryin 2 numb life turns n2 an addiction

it sucks 2 know all the b.s. that has happend 2 me came 2 this it started jus 2 numb the feelings i was havn 2 now when i wana stop i cant coz im an addict but at the same time the past few yrs while i was drinkn n smokn i didnt care what was goin on yet now all these yrs later sum things i didnt deal with n i am angry how certain people treated me n how sum things turnd out n it makes me wana hav a smoke or drink i duno how 2 deal with those things when people n my life think its over n done with let alone all the new things goin on n my life sumtimes i wana say 4get bein sober n do what i hav been doin but at the end of the day i know i gota change n sumhow deal with it all
Old 04-18-2011, 12:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It can look pretty scary - dealing with everything sober...but it is very possible Cecilia.
Just try and take things a day at a time - and reach out for help whenever you need it

You'll always find a lot of support here too

D
Old 04-18-2011, 05:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I will "hold your hand"

Originally Posted by Celicia View Post
it sucks 2 know all the b.s. that has happend 2 me came 2 this it started jus 2 numb the feelings i was havn 2 now when i wana stop i cant coz im an addict but at the same time the past few yrs while i was drinkn n smokn i didnt care what was goin on yet now all these yrs later sum things i didnt deal with n i am angry how certain people treated me n how sum things turnd out n it makes me wana hav a smoke or drink i duno how 2 deal with those things when people n my life think its over n done with let alone all the new things goin on n my life sumtimes i wana say 4get bein sober n do what i hav been doin but at the end of the day i know i gota change n sumhow deal with it all
For me...i needed to get a drug and alcohol therapist to deal with my anger issues and severe depression and even though digging up painful old memories was quite hard and sometimes made me even angrier...i would feel a sense of relief and even a bit tired after unleashing my old demons on this dude. I continue to go every week even when i don't feel i need it or just plain old don't feel like it...because those are the days that seem to help my problems the most. hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!