Notices

The other side

Old 04-17-2011, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The other side

I like this site. It has helped me a lot. It would be good to have the other point of view. It is always a one sided conversation.

I'd like to compare my thoughts with people who stop at 1 drink and dont obsess over drinking all the time.

Why do normal drinkers drink at all? If you dont drink to get drunk then what is the point?

Is everyone who has hangovers and blackouts an alcoholic? If not why do normal drinkers sometimes drink to blackouts and sometimes stop at 1?
Old 04-17-2011, 10:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you want to hear from the other side..not sure how much response you will get..I think most of us are here because we NEVER stop at one..and if we did..we were miserable thinking WHERE is 2 and 3 or more. I just have to say if a person is drinking to blackout they are not a normie. In my opinion that would hurl them into the binge drinker catagory..and I think binge drinkers are in the alcoholic catagory. Now the guy that stops at one..can take it or leave it..and..much to my horror..even walks away with some left in the glass..now that..is a normie. And I will never understand those people..I have drank to get drunk from day one.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with you, stopping at one or leaving some in the glass is unthinkable. Mind you i cant drink milk without finishing the glass! it would be good if a normie could explain it. There are loads of alcoholics/ binge drinkers out there! I dont know of many or anyone who stop at 1 or 2.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Truthfully, I don't think you'll find many responses here of people that can stop at one & are not obsessing over alcohol. I'm here because I can't.

Normal drinkers drink because alcohol although a mind altering 'drug' that lightens the mood of meetings & celebrations and family gatherings. Normal people can have a beer at a ball game without overloading and stumbling up the bleachers. Most normal drinkers can go to a picnic and have a drink and have fun playing volleyball -not vomiting behind a tree. Normal drinkers drink because its a socially exceptable behavior in society.

If someone drank once a month only on a game night but they passed out everytime. I wouldn't consider them an alcoholic but a person that needs to drink less at that particular function and evaluate their drinking patterns. An alcoholics drinking is accompanied by stress, uncontrolable drinking at all hours of the day, unmanagability in life and loss of loved ones and opportunies because of their drinking. Just because you go out once a month and pass out doesn't classify you as a drunk -in my book.
But you could be on the verge of a successful drinking career if you don't pay attention.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

yes yes yes!!!

Originally Posted by MsCooterBrown View Post
If you want to hear from the other side..not sure how much response you will get..I think most of us are here because we NEVER stop at one..and if we did..we were miserable thinking WHERE is 2 and 3 or more. I just have to say if a person is drinking to blackout they are not a normie. In my opinion that would hurl them into the binge drinker catagory..and I think binge drinkers are in the alcoholic catagory. Now the guy that stops at one..can take it or leave it..and..much to my horror..even walks away with some left in the glass..now that..is a normie. And I will never understand those people..I have drank to get drunk from day one.
that was me with just about everything..larger than life state of mind more more MORE......i surely do NOT miss those blackouts either...they were scary because i never knew what the hell i was up to after a certain point..of no return.