Anyone else just hanging out?

Old 04-17-2011, 01:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone else just hanging out?

I've had a very bad Saturday.
It's a very bad Saturday that might be laying the grounds for a very good future.
But so far, it's just a very bad Saturday.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dangit. What I meant was -- I'm around, if you want to shoot the breeze... talk about Charlie Sheen or the whateversportsteam or maybe the new hockey league they must have in hell or your gardening plans or your gout or your new job or new puppy... I'm up for it. If I can stay up that long.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Still hanging around?
Old 04-17-2011, 03:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

lillamy,

Sorry I missed you. I would have loved to chat!
It's about 8:00 am where I am now, but the SR clock says its about 3:00ish!am.
Oh well, next time. Hope today is better for you!
Old 04-17-2011, 03:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm in and out of bed... *sigh*
Sorry I missed you guys...
Old 04-17-2011, 04:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Are you ok? I have been having some crazy nitemares the past 2 nites.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Srry, I was just in shower. I'm back now.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry I missed you--I often come and read these boards if I can't sleep--helps to settle my mind...

Tell us about your bad Saturday. Here's mine.

Six weeks away by myself, back home now, feeling strong, and feel like in less than 48 hours from walking back in the door. I have to hang on to my serenity like gripping to a crag on the edge of cliff.

A couple of small examples: AH, despite swearing he doesn't want his drinking to mess up the marriage, was drunk Thursday/Friday/Saturday.

We did our usual Saturday night BYOB restaurant (we didn't bring any bottle). He suggested sushi appetizers for us all (BIL was there too), and I said, "I don't want sushi as an appetizer because I'm having it as an entree." To which he GLARED at me and said, "Why do you ALWAYS have to be contrary??"

That's one example

Then, I was driving because AH was still a little bit drunk, and it was pouring out. BIL lives next door. Typically I park in my driveway and he walks home, but in this case, because of the rain, I pulled up in his driveway to let him out. Bad move. AH was furious. He stormed out of the car and walked to our house, and when I got there, he started yelling at that, too--"So, you had to drop him off. He couldn't walk his fat a$$ home by himself?? What do you ever do for me??"

Honestly, it's so sick, I almost laughed. I did detach, say something like "I'm sorry, it was a courtesy because of the rain." To which AH goes and slams the door on his way to his office. So the rest of the night I was hanging out in my office, and upstairs reading. Also picked up a book on codependency on my kindle.

But, boy. The only good is, it reinforces my need to get out and have fun and go to many Al-Anon meetings, and live my own life.

Lillamy, please share your Saturday!!

ETA: Just looked up at my Thich Nhat Hanh calendar--because I've been away I hadn't changed it since February. April's quote:

When we change our daily lives--the way we think, speak and act--we change the world.
Good quote for me right now.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I am having one of those 'insomnia' nights too. I doze and then am wide awake again. I know it is my 'chronic' pain issues, but it does pizz me off.

So if you are up, I am too, lol

Thank goodness tomorrow is Sunday, and there is nothing 'urgent' on the calender.

Love and hugs,
Old 04-17-2011, 06:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

As the time gets closer for me to leave, my anxiety is beginning to spill out into my dreams!
Infact, yeaterday my AH said he barely slept because I was hogging the bed, and kicking and talking in my sleep.
I told him I would feel sorry for him except for all the years he drank soooooooooo much ( he drinks less now but doesn't change things)
I would always sleep with my back to him for fear of getting a black eye!

What was my point to this ramble? Oh yeah, I guess a lot of us are having trouble wth sleep these days.

Sorry to hear about your chronic pain issues. I have multiple autoimmune diseases, which I have been dealing with (without medical) for 2 years now. When I leave I can finally get some relief for them.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Here is my Saturday quack....

Family is over celebrating son's birthday. We are all outside, but AH is inside. Son tries to go back into the house but the door is locked. A few minutes later AH comes outside. I very politely tell him he locked us all out (no one was mad, just thought it was funny). He gets all defensive and says he didn't do it and it had to be our son who did it. I gently explain that everyone but him (AH) was outside so it had to be him. He then tries to blame it on DD2. This time another adult says "no everyone including DD2 was outside"... he then finally says "well maybe it was me". DUH It is just another great example of how he is never wrong.