Notices

I Wish

Old 04-15-2011, 09:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Wish

I wish that I would've stuck around here the last time I stopped in.

... Because now I have a whole new level of hell to deal with.

I got arrested for DUI in 2010.

And, that case still has to go to trial.

And, since I've been trying to stop drinking, so many of my friends have disappeared. I've never felt so alone.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry about the arrest...but there is time to start over.
Everyday is the first day of the rest of your life.
Glad you're here.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You'll always have friends here BC - and make some new ones too.
I'm sorry for your pain, but it's good to see you back

D
Old 04-15-2011, 09:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm sorry you got a DUI, but it isn't the end of the world. Hopefully, it will be the end of your drinking world, but, you'll get through the DUI process. I did, as did others here. It isn't fun, it's very expensive, time consuming, and a huge hassle, but you'll get through it. Glad you came back. We're here to support you.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I will need a lot of support to get through this.

I just keep beating myself up.

That night I had actually planned to go to bed, but a friend of mine kept calling, and I, unfortunately made a bad choice to get up and go to a friend's house. But... never made it. I ended up in jail.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
-New Me-

Originally Posted by BrokenChains View Post

And, since I've been trying to stop drinking, so many of my friends have disappeared. I've never felt so alone.

im sure you know this, but if they are not around for you in your tough times...... they were never really "friends" to begin with...

i have learned through the years of my addiction (and sobering times), you are lucky if you have 1 true friend your entire life.... the rest are just acquaintances...

take it for what its worth.. just a little something i have lived by for who knows how many years.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewLife221 View Post
im sure you know this, but if they are not around for you in your tough times...... they were never really "friends" to begin with...
I have found that out since I got arrested. Even though they know about my troubles, these people still want to call with ideas of going out and partying.

But, I'm in a lot of trouble. Reality is staring me in the face. These "friends" are not the ones in trouble and having to prepare for court. I know they're not my true 'friends' because as I try to prepare for my court case, they're always calling me trying to get me to come out with them. And, I cannot be around people drinking or using drugs right now. ANYTHING.

I can only be around SOBER people.

And, I only want to be around SOBER people.

The things that got me put in jail for are the same reasons that make me believe that I want to move forward and do better in my life.

I am an alcoholic. I can't drink socially. And, will never be able to drink socially. Sober life is the only thing I want.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
-New Me-

I have found that out since I got arrested. Even though they know about my troubles, these people still want to call with ideas of going out and partying.

But, I'm in a lot of trouble. Reality is staring me in the face. These "friends" are not the ones in trouble and having to prepare for court. I know they're not my true 'friends' because as I try to prepare for my court case, they're always calling me trying to get me to come out with them. And, I cannot be around people drinking or using drugs right now. ANYTHING.

I can only be around SOBER people.

And, I only want to be around SOBER people.

The things that got me put in jail for are the same reasons that make me believe that I want to move forward and do better in my life.

I am an alcoholic. I can't drink socially. And, will never be able to drink socially. Sober life is the only thing I want.
i am glad to hear (well read) that you want to live a sober life. and i pray you can and do. it does seem that you are taking this DUI seriously. it could have been worse than just a DUI... just remember that.

dont stress to much, it is not the end of the world, if it is your first DUI then take the little slap on the wrist, fines, lawyer fees, driver license suspension, probably probation and maybe a few days in jail (here in ohio it is mandatory 3 days) and learn from it. seriously. i know it sucks, but life is real and it was a choice you made that night..

i wish i could have done things differently at the age of 18 when i ended up in prison for 2 yrs. but i lived, made mistakes, learned and pushed through the tough times..... i have not been in any trouble since then, and i was sentenced in 2000, i got out in 2002. it is now 2011.

keep your head up, and remember life will go on after the court case is over and SR will always be here for you.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

BC - I am going through much of the same. DUI, etc. While life feels like shiit many times, drinking is not going to make anything better for each of us. Not drinking may or many not help with the courts - but it won't hurt. Also, a new life of recovery is a life of discovery. I've been hiding out in places I feel safe- work and home. Recently both of those have been curses of turmoil. AA really helps me. Sometimes it feels like the only thing I have to hold on to. THey say the lonliness and unhappiness will end. I've seen evidence from many others that it does but yet to see it in any length myself. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither were our lives. My wife pissed me off so bad today I had to leave for a drive and call another friend in recovery and just talk. Cured? No, but pacified enough to get me through another day.
Peace,
SPG
Old 04-15-2011, 11:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I wish that I would've stuck around here the last time I stopped in.

... Because now I have a whole new level of hell to deal with.

I got arrested for DUI in 2010.

And, that case still has to go to trial.

Hi Broken Chains

So sorry to hear that I am in the same boat got a DUI last year in September and still have to go to trial in May since it got adjourned so many times;

I also have no really close friends. I am six months sober now and it has gotten better since I lost apart from my license also my kids... but I got them back....... all I can recommend you is try to take it one day at a time and try to do something nice each day that you stay sober
Old 04-16-2011, 05:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Um,

Ever considered going to AA?

Just throwin' out a wild and crazy thought, there...
Old 04-16-2011, 05:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

BC, sorry to hear about your DUI. Glad you are here for support.

Have you told any of these friends that you are trying to stop drinking? If I've told someone that I am trying to stop drinking and they still want me to go to the bar or out drinking with them, then I don't consider them friends.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

DUIs are no fun. Ive had two. I continued to drink after my run in's. I chalked it up to bad luck/bad cops. Trust me when I say this. The hassels and inconveniences you go through with the courts are just that. If you continue to drink you will truly see a bottom you dont ever want to go to. when i quit drinking i lost friends. i still have a sister that wont speak to me because of my drinking days. my advice...get to an AA meeting. you'll have support and life long friends you never imagined before. on the flip side...it looks great to the courts that you voluntarily went!