Notices

Sick and Tired

Old 04-15-2011, 04:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sick and Tired

I posted on this website a couple months ago, but quickly went back to drinking. I spent all of last night vomiting and cursing myself! I really hope to get off alcohol. It truly is poison to me
Old 04-15-2011, 04:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back John

I found support - regular support - was very helpful and useful to me.
Stick around here and you'll not only find a lot of support but a few ideas on what to do next too

D
Old 04-15-2011, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back, John!

You don't have to have another night like that.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

omg johnc!!!!! i have been there before...more times than i can even count which i am not proud of....but you pick up the pieces of your tortured soul and carry on the best way u can....it is so weird that you posted this...i just got a very nice post back after i said that i am too ashamed to even show my face at meetings because of relapse...that person just told me to go anyways...and seriously dude.....you made it back here and there are many addicts that won't because of death or denial....knowing that...and remembering the reprocusions(which i am still dealing with) of my actions that go along with drug and alcohol use...i still to this day make myself actually visualize myself in dirty month old worn clothes and the stench of my unshowered skin...and the total hatred i had for myself....and the hopless feelings of being out of control.....the fear of dying but the pain of living...i know..how you are feeling right this minute and that my friend makes us kindered spirit in a way...everyone with addictions of all sorts share a common bond. knowing that...helps....i am truly grateful tonight...for the simple fact that i had a chance to read your post....it helped me realize that i am powerless to drugs and alcohol but powerful to do something about it...i think i am home now. that is comforting. i may be new on here but i truly want to learn from everyone and everything i read...the best advice of all isbe honest and ask questions...that is what i am going to do this time around...be a total knowledge sponge...if i can ever help..even if it is someone to listen...hit me up...i am here
jess
Old 04-15-2011, 04:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks, Anna. I hope not to. I'm sober tonight, so that's a start!
Old 04-15-2011, 04:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks, Jess. It feels nice to connect with like minded people (rather than sit alone and isolate- which seems to quickly lead to a drink).
Old 04-15-2011, 04:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Johnc. Very few of us get this the first time around. It's my experience that we alcoholics don't give up easy. I tired many times to control my drinking and always failed. And by "control my drinking" I mean still getting plenty drunk, I just didn't like when I did or said dumb things or blacked out. I was ready to settle with still being a drunk, I just didn't want to be too "big of a drunk".

Even that plan failed What's crazy is alcohol takes many things away from us and at then end - alcohol even takes alcohol away from us. I wasn't getting the "good drunks" at the end. I was either sober and planning on drinking or I was completely sloppy drunk. I never had that mid-range of drinking and feeling in control.

I came to recovery this time completely beaten by booze. It was then, and only then, that I was ready to take some direction and start this journey.

I wish you the best. You can get better, just stay with it!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 05:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
...than never

Originally Posted by johnc View Post
I posted on this website a couple months ago, but quickly went back to drinking. I spent all of last night vomiting and cursing myself! I really hope to get off alcohol. It truly is poison to me
You're doing better than I did. I lurked for a year here while still drinking before even getting an account. Now on day 157 sans alcohol. It can be done...keep trying.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Glad you're here john! I hope you start to feel better soon..... It's amazing what we do to ourselves just to turn around and do it again. That's the insanity of alcohol.

I can't count the number of mornings and even days I spent feeling miserable. All that wasted time None of us deserve to live that way.

Stay tuned in here and it will help you get through the weekend. It's so tempting to start up again once we feel better. Just reading posts like yours reminds me there's just no reason to pick up a drink again. So thanks......!

One day at a time - it will get better.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

hi john and welcome.
i think we all have to come to a place in our drinking where the effects of it just don't work any more...maintenance drinking.
i know for me thats what happened...i just couldn't stay sober but when i drank it did nothing for me ,but made me miserable/i was in limbo.
i had to make a decision to go through the withdrawls ,which were terrible beyond my ability to describe..or carry on through the vicious cycle day after day ,and get worse and worse and worse...
alcohol took me to the pits of hell.the lonliest place in the human soul..
i never want to experience thoose emotions ever again as long as i live.
NOTHING could ever be as bad as that horrible road i travelled and i'm sure an awful lot of people on this site have also travelled.
so i say heres to a life of sobriety and a life filled with love and joy to each and everyone of us/
we have paid our dues and we deserve a good happy healthy life
Old 04-15-2011, 07:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back.....

do you have a plan about how to stay sober?
This can be the beginning of a sober future ..
Old 04-15-2011, 07:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I knew I was in a bad place...drinking to get drunk. There were times when I actually felt like I drank myself sober..no matter how hard I tried my Internal Buzz Indicator was blown out. It finally dawned on me that I make a miserable drunk. I dedicated 30 plus years trying to perfect my drunkdum. I got sick of myself. I finally realized alcohol had kicked my butt. I quit trying. I knew I didn't have it in me any more..I accepted that I can no longer drink. I now have six months sobriety and have never felt better..I wish you well. I hope you post and read often. I have learned so much from everyone here. SR is a Godsend! Stick around!!
Old 04-15-2011, 10:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome John. Wishing you the best this time. There's only one way to stop...don't drink tomorrow...! We're here for you.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi John! I'm glad you're here!
Old 04-16-2011, 06:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back! You don't have to feel this way ever again if you stop drinking now.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:52 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome back! Start working on your problems and your cravings will be easier to deal with.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Welcome back John!

The key for me was realizing that your best sober day is SO MUCH BETTER than your best drinking day. So even when the hangover fades and you feel that giddy excitement anticipating your next drink..... know that sober life has way, way more to offer.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!
Old 04-16-2011, 06:57 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome back! So what are you going to different this time?
Old 04-16-2011, 07:01 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
JTinStLouis

Hi John and welcome back. Coming back is a good action and talking about is good too. We have all been where you are at and understand how you feel. Just keep in mind that it is OK to ask for help, because we all need it from time to time.