Notices

Scared srtrait

Old 04-14-2011, 04:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scared srtrait

My cousin brought me to his diet doctor because we were doing a low carb diet and i was getting dizzy sometimes.They took blood and sent it out. I went back in to the office a few days later and the doctor said everything looks good but your liver enzymes are high,,,I didnt even know about that,,,I got very nervous and stopped drinking which I did daily about 5 or 6 mixed vodka drinks..Its been two days now..I very bored without drinking and im really starting to worry if withdraws will set in. I found out that I had a sinus infection and with some antibiotics, I feel alot better..Also i have been kinda self medicating with alcohol for years for panic and anxiety..I dont want to take a blood test again until ive been sober for 30 days because im scared of the results and dont really know what to do.My anxiety is worse now because im worried so much about the blood test I remember the numbers were 112 and 70 Im kinda lost and dont know what to do......
Old 04-14-2011, 04:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You need to talk to your dr about your concerns and see if you need to take another blood test. It will ease your mind.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR

I agree with Anna, Flatsix...I see little point in worrying for 30 days.
Go into your Dr - get a full check up - and speak to them about your anxiety too.

The good thing is the liver is an pretty amazing organ with the way it can regenerate - stopping drinking gives you the best chance of a good eventual outcome.

D
Old 04-14-2011, 05:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome flatsix - good for you for deciding to get sober and turn things around. Alcohol is so bad for every organ in the body (something I didn't know and of course didn't bother to care about while I was drinking.) Being sober just feels so much better.... in every way.

One thing I noticed after I stopped is that the anxiety got much better - perhaps you'll experience the same thing.

Keep posting and reading - no one can do this without support.:ghug3
Old 04-15-2011, 09:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support..I have a problem with my doctor and She is Russian and very aggressive and she freaks me out! I need to find a new one but my insurance sucks and I will never be able to change companies if they see that blood test.So im waiting to take a new one. I really didnt want to stop drinking, Im a blue collar guy and friends come for a couple after work before they go home,Its always been that way.So im on antibiotics now and im not drinking anyway,Its been three days and im feeling a little foggy but otherwise ok. Its friday night also so this may be a big test for me..I need to find something to do!!!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by flatsix View Post
Thanks for the support..I have a problem with my doctor and She is Russian and very aggressive and she freaks me out! I need to find a new one but my insurance sucks and I will never be able to change companies if they see that blood test.So im waiting to take a new one. I really didnt want to stop drinking, Im a blue collar guy and friends come for a couple after work before they go home,Its always been that way.So im on antibiotics now and im not drinking anyway,Its been three days and im feeling a little foggy but otherwise ok. Its friday night also so this may be a big test for me..I need to find something to do!!!!!
Please dont suggest a yoga class..
Old 04-15-2011, 09:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

Originally Posted by flatsix View Post
Also i have been kinda self medicating with alcohol for years for panic and anxiety..
That is like smoking because you have a cough. Anxiety is one of the side affects of alcohol abuse.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My anxiety lessened with every day I no longer drank.

I'm sorry you're struggling. Stick around. The support here is wonderful.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have to agree, while I am only on day 4 of no drinking, I have had the worst panic/anxiety for the past two years. I think I knew that the drinking exasparated the anxiety, but I would self medicate because while I drank I was anxiety free......terrible cycle to get caught up in.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I had surgery back in December and my doctor almost instructed my surgeon not to do the surgery because my liver enzymes were so out of whack. I forget the exact numbers, but she made me go get a Hepatitus B test and everything. It was scary and humiliating, because she knew WHY the enzymes were high...

And just last week, I attended the funeral of a friend that drank himself to death at 41 years old. Cirrhosis of the liver took this father away from his children...very sad.

And whats amazing is that I still struggle with whether to drink or not. What a cunning, baffling, and powerful disease.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
I had surgery back in December and my doctor almost instructed my surgeon not to do the surgery because my liver enzymes were so out of whack. I forget the exact numbers, but she made me go get a Hepatitus B test and everything. It was scary and humiliating, because she knew WHY the enzymes were high...

And just last week, I attended the funeral of a friend that drank himself to death at 41 years old. Cirrhosis of the liver took this father away from his children...very sad.

And whats amazing is that I still struggle with whether to drink or not. What a cunning, baffling, and powerful disease.
Thats crazy!Did he know that he had liver problems and kept drinking? When the doctor tells you you have to stop thats it!!game over!I get it...My daughter needs me and when the doctor told me my levels were elevated even though he said it wasnt that high,she was the first thing i thought about and i quit drinking at that second! Im done..