Another step

Old 04-14-2011, 02:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another step

My RAW got the best possible outcome from the courts yesterday. Even though this was her 3rd OUI the courts inexplicably ignored her '73 conviction. The attorney felt that conviction could have been fought and removed so maybe it was out of convenience they looked past it. Final result was 2 weeks state mandated in-patient drunk driving stay at a state hospital, 1 year probation, and a bunch of money out the door. She might be able to get a work license in a year but her full license will take 8. She will have an interlock for probably 3 years when the time comes.

After all this our youngest called and he used twice, however as drunks/addicts can do he was able to get past the sober house's drug test by guzzling copious amounts of water post usage. They test every other day so he used right after one test, started drinking water and passed the next. One good thing is he felt guilty and wanted to do the right thing and fessed up on his own. He liked the house and wants to go back. He is off to another transition house for a month to see if he can stay straight.

For me I'm still trying to figure out my next steps, a few more weeks of soul searching.

I have to say re-engaging Al-Anon has been a life saver. Thanks for reading.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Thanks for the update.

Wishing you peace as you make choices for yourself!