Son in jail

Old 04-12-2011, 10:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Son in jail

So my AS has been in jail now for 11 days. I miss him so much, but what a HUGE relief for all of us!! We were really worried that he would CRACK in jail, but he is doing suprisingly well. He is taking his GED exam this week so that is HUGE for him!! He even wrote me a letter, which I was suprised to get! His letter probaby said what every other inmates letter says.. I want to stay clean when I get out, work, do the right thing.... I am realistic and know how hard it will be when he gets out, but I am crossing my fingers that his "stent" in jail will cure him or atleast make him realize that life is much better when your doing the right thing.
Anyways thanks for listening!
Old 04-12-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Enodm))) - only people who have lived with addiction, know how GOOD it can feel when our loved ones are in prison. Sure, we never want that, at first, but by the time they get there, we're grateful they're not still out there.

I know the "jail talk" well, and had to learn, the hard way, that it still comes back to actions. I do pray this time in jail will make him want to seek recovery.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-12-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hopefully a little sober time will help him see where the using has gotten him..
Old 04-12-2011, 05:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

(((enodm))) I hope this is a wake-up call for your son!

I'm praying for him and you and your whole family. HG
Old 04-12-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm praying for him too, and hope this is just what it takes to get him back on a good path.

Hugs
Old 04-13-2011, 04:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
it is what it is

my son is in prison now and i understand the relief from the stress of active addiction of a loved one - he is safe and sober and really looks good - i pray your son will continue his good decisions not just while he is in jail but afterward and on... blessings
Old 04-13-2011, 06:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Prayers for you and your son today. I certainly understand the relief you feel that he's in a place where he can get some sober time.....even if it's "forced" sober time.

Unfortunately, my son just got out after two days. I was hoping for a couple of weeks.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 04-14-2011, 06:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

He maybe getting out within the next two weeks on house arrest with an ankle monitor. I am torn between being happy that he is home but frightened too.. I work all day and of course cant stay home to babysit. My husband is not too happy about it, which his approach was not too nice.. so of course I got defensive about his feelings. I shouldnt, I feel the same way but it was his tone and how he reacted.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Are you sure having him stay with you is in your best interests? A sober-living facility might be better. There are several stories here about parents allowing their children to move back in after jail/rehab and it rarely goes well.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

He cant afford a sober living facility, butm with being on house arrest and an ankle monitor I think he has to come to our house.....
Old 04-14-2011, 07:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

not if you say its not an option..
Old 04-14-2011, 07:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I didnt realize I could say NO... I will have to check into it further. Thanks for the info
Old 04-14-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

He is not a minor..right?You are not legally responsible for him or where he lives if he is over 18..I'm sure he told the court it was no problrm..he has a place to go..your house.If you don't want that (I know I wouldn't!) then you have every right to not have him there..what does your husband want?How wll this effect your marriage/Your peace of mind?What is best for the rest of the family?
Old 04-14-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

If he is an adult, the court cannot force you to allow him to live with you. It could be that not having your home as an option will keep him from getting out, but them's the breaks.