Pitched a literal tent

Old 04-10-2011, 08:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Breathing

Pitched a literal tent

After a day of lounging around and half heartedly cleaning, I was surprised to be getting a phone call from my A. Stupidly, I answered. STUPIDLY!

A was sitting outside my house, across the street, in a bush. Drinking a 40, smoking, staring at my house. Apparently, had been there a while. I went to get A away from my house, away from my neighborhood because some of my neighbors like to call the cops. And I did not want to deal with it.

A is crying, telling me I've broke her heart, snotting, drinking, crying, screaming. Finally, she gets so mad that she leaves. Only to start calling again, begging me to talk. I tell her to go home. She's a mess.

A few hours later, I am getting home from running some errands. And what do I find? I find my A, sitting in a tent, pitched outside my house. Drinking another 40. Wondering why I cannot be with her.

She was too drunk to talk to so I just packed her up and got her into her apartment. I said, somewhat meanly, "hey, this is why I am leaving." but again, too drunk to realize what I meant.

So sad for her but I know I am doing the right thing. I am scared for her but she has obviously made very wrong choices. VERY wrong.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you for staying strong! I'm so proud of you!
So that was round one and sounds like it was pretty calm. When my ex abf started the "don't leave me" dance, as I like to call it, it was pretty tame at first. But it usually gets worse before it gets better... be prepared. The more they see their efforts aren't working, the more desperate they become. I had to remind myself that every time I thought about answering that phone/opening that email/reading that text message was another opportunity for him to get back inside my head. And boy was he good at it.

Keep your head up and yours eyes open, you're doing great!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

wow..........I don't know what to say. My XAH would always say "would you feel better if I just slept in the yard? Would that make you feel more powerful?" He never actually did it......I couldn't imagine! Stay strong, it sounds like you are handling this perfectly. Probably doesn't feel like it.....but it looks that way!