Notices

Made it through the weekend.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it through the weekend.

8:45 Sunday night- made it through the weekend. Can't believe it. This is the end of day 9 with no alcohol... it feels like a lifetime. Friday night I attended an auction with tons of boos and people at my table drinking. Naturally I just kept buying raffle tickets and spending money to keep my mind off the bar and the constant flow of drinks around me. It occurred to me about half way through, as I was wishing for a beer, that had I been drinking, that would have been what this whole night was about. I would have missed the jokes, not payed attention to the auction, not remembered the names of all the new people I had met, probably spent more money, and would have just been thinking about finishing this beer so that I could get another one, the whole time. I never realized how much of a focus that always was. It was never about enjoying the company of others, catching up with friends, playing some pool, etc.... it was always about the next beer, until I was blacked out.
Today I threw a birthday party for my boyfriends sister. I went for walks with the dog this weekend, bought an awesome moose painting, watched a new movie, slept in and woke up refreshed. How good it feels to head into my week like this. I hope that I can continue to abstain... the alcoholic voice is still playing tricks on me, but I am beginning to feel stronger, and just... good.
I'm going to drink my tea, and hit the sack. Here's too a first full weekend sober.
Thanks guys. Couldn't have done it without this site.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you had a great weekend!
Old 04-10-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Excellent job! I know what you mean about being involved in what's going on around you.......it makes you realize just how small our world is when we're drinking. Thanks for the reminder!!!
Old 04-10-2011, 06:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hopeful 23 - I love this post. Glad to hear thinsg are going well! I am on day 10 myself and had a similar week and weekend. Enjoyed a good emotional cry; truly appreciated a nice conversationw ith my wife and remembered everything the next day; woke up feeling refreshed everyday; my brian feels smarter already; went to the gym and felt great aftwerwars; have been sober enough to brush my teeth at night before bedtime; enjyed coffe in the morning without feeling like i may throw up from hangoer; Spent time with my kids in the morning actually feeling god enough to play and not just watch TV with them. I love the positives, but I know I need to brace myself and take it day by day to ensure I am in this foir the long run...
Old 04-10-2011, 06:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you!!
Old 04-10-2011, 06:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Way to go, great job!!
Old 04-10-2011, 06:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good for you...
Old 04-10-2011, 06:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you! Keep up the good work. I have never woken up and said, "Man, I wish I got drunk last night and was hungover today"!
Old 04-10-2011, 07:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Awesome.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great job!
Old 04-10-2011, 08:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Keep on moving forward..you are on the right track now!
Old 04-10-2011, 09:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Yay!

It does get better as time goes by. You have given yourself the do-over that so many say they wish they had. Another chance to do things differently. You gave that do-over to yourself. It is nice to relax for real.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Great job!

In my fifteen or twenty little sub attempts to quit I often tell my husband at about day two that I have a sense of lightness and joy when sober. So at day ten you must be really happy with yourself. I haven't gone ten days without a bender in, probably five years.

Day One is almost over and I'm looking forward to the morning.