Notices

I am proud.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ras

I am proud.

I don't post here very often but have done on occasion. In my past, I drank to excess. Everytime I was alone in the house, when my fiancee went to work, I would drink myself stupid and then try and hide it when she got home.

I don't do that anymore. I drink, yes. Never more than two beers in a week. Am I an alcoholic? Still not certain. If so, I'm not a very successful recoverer because I still drink.

My partner was drinking Vodka and coke the other night and left the Vodka on the night stand. She's gone out now and I have a cup, a bottle of Vodka and a big bottle of coke. And I've poured myself a cup of coke and am ignoring the Vodka. I don't particularly want it anymore. It's there if I want it - I know that - but I don't want it anymore.

Just wanted to share.

Ras
Old 04-08-2011, 04:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you decide to stop drinking, we are here to offer support.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like I said the first time you posted here Ras...I started as a social binge drinker and ended up an all day everyday drinker - it was a long progression for me.

I had many periods in the early days when I was able to 'control' myself...but never for long.

Like Anna says - if it ever becomes a problem again & you decide you want help to stop completely you know where we are

D