Felt angry for the first time in a long time...

Old 03-31-2011, 08:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Felt angry for the first time in a long time...

I have felt sad, I have felt lonely, I have felt hopeless but I have not felt anger. I know my life before we were separated was filled with anger. I was angry and I didn't even know why most of the time. I have been working my recovery and actively trying to let go of anger in my life. Some days are better than others. But for some reason I generally don't feel angry at him.I see how sick he is and how there is noting I can do to help him. For some reason tonight when he called to ask a question he already should have known the answer to because I sent him a text and a message he did not respond to, I felt really angry. Like the hard to catch your breath, shaky, need a cigarette and a glass of wine kind of angry. I did not let him know how angry I was. I just kept it very business like and got off the phone quickly. I'm not sure if this is a set back in my recovery or me finally having a real reaction to his irresponsibility instead of just feeling sorry for him and blaming his action on his alcoholism.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

tough one

thats tough.
those molments come. you should be greatful u can feel em i wrong?
in are addiction we felt nothing but sadness....would u rather use and feel nothing ? or quit and feel all the emotions?

that being said its gonna be tough let no blame be put on u by another.
in recovery we cant take anymore stress then what we cause. =)

my prayers are with u
u ever need to talk im down to=)
Old 03-31-2011, 08:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by youngaddict View Post
thats tough.
those molments come. you should be greatful u can feel em i wrong?
in are addiction we felt nothing but sadness....would u rather use and feel nothing ? or quit and feel all the emotions?
Um, I think you might be in the wrong forum.

This is for friends and family of alcoholics, not for substance abusers.

There are a lot of different forums here, it's kinda easy to get lost when you're new.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Jamaica. I'm glad you are feeling something other than what is normal for you. Growth maybe? Sounds like it to me.

Maybe next time you won't answer the phone at all... you know he was using it as a pretext to talk to you. Manipulation feels like manipulation and, when you have enough recovery to recognize your own feelings again you start to feel them-- then you get pissed off.

Winner!

Good job and take care,

Cyranoak