Notices

The 12th Day

Old 03-31-2011, 04:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The 12th Day

Knew this would be coming and here it is. Exerted so much energy the first week and a half of my road to sobriety and my energy is wavering. Not sure if energy is the right word...my dependent mind is trying to break through again. I started off so strong and now that I'm becoming aquainted with my sober mind, my dependent mind isn't too happy about it. It's trying to take advantage of the calm, peaceful moments my sober self is having and come barreling in with thoughts of doubt about the path I am choosing. It's creating questions where none need to be, insecurity in a place that I'm working on securing, and messing things up in a house I'm trying to clean. I realize I am going to have many of these moments where I am strong and then feel the dependency trying to steer me off course. This journey is a marathon, not a sprint, and that is NORMAL! I can't give in, not even for a moment, and allow my dependent self to worm its way back in. I pray for strength. I pray to keep the course. I pray for all those trying to do the same, one day at a time...
Old 03-31-2011, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you have a reasonable understanding of what's ahead. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It gets easier. The first weeks and months we can get a lot done and started on the road to sobriety.

First we stop drinking, and slowly we become sober. Remember, alcohol is a cunning foe. Don't believe that voice. It may tell you "You deserve it!" or "I can have just one." Or "F*** it. What's the use." These are not the voices of sobriety, but of slow death!

You sound like you're doing the work for a strong future.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Pray hard! And thank you for your prayers. I need them today.

Hang in there, it only gets better.

Best to you.