Notices

Now what?

Old 03-31-2011, 02:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Now what?

Hi Guys,

I woke up this morning so motivated and ready to change what my life had become. But I have failed at the first hurdle, day 2 and I just felt so bad I had to go and get a drink. I have been drinking for so long and everyday and lately earlier and earlier in the day that I physically couldn't take it. I admit my problem and the need to change, I accept I need help but what if the help just isn't there? I think I probably need rehab (just lock me up padded cell for a while ) but I dont have that option available to me. I dont have AA here, I don't have any support, what now?
Old 03-31-2011, 03:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you spoken to your Dr, Bokkie?

Thought about counselling?

I don't know HK but I'd also ring/contact AA - you might find that meetings aren't as hard to get to as you think, and people will help out with transport etc...

AA- Hong Kong , Alcoholics Anonymous - Hong Kong

I didn't do anything for a long time because there were always so many many reasons why I couldn't do anything....

but I never once thought about the many reasons why I shouldn't drink...no matter how poor I was, or isolated, or sick...I always found a way to drink.

I know you want to get sober

Put your energy in finding help Bokkie - even if its posting more here.
This site helped saved my bacon more than once.

D
Old 03-31-2011, 03:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dee - OK I concede, I think I may have been using my location as an excellent excuse why I couldn't get help. I am about to check out the link (thank you very much for going to the trouble). Yes, I am ready but I am also terrified.....
Old 03-31-2011, 03:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bokkie View Post
I don't have any support, what now?
Hi, bokkie. Welcome. I've found tons of support on this site. Reading and posting here has been priceless for me as I begin to seek out a support network in my physical community. So many people willing to help out and so much good advice! Glad you're here.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have spent the last 2 days on this site and was so motivated and ready to stop, I remember writing that I hadn't had the rock bottom that people talk about but when I realised that I couldn't make it through day 2, that was my personal rock bottom
Old 03-31-2011, 03:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ste
unlearning

You may need a trip to the mainland for AA, its 280km (in Moscow) away from me. Maybe AA meetings online would help?

A padded jacket in a round rubber room? One can screw that up too. I've found it comes down to ones self.

You sounded determined earlier, what happened? Impulsive reflex? Island fever?

You don't absolutely need a bottom, or many, as I have had. Self awareness and resolve goes a long way, resolve to get help is good!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ste- I am still determined, just a bit more humbled by the enormity of what I have to do. Do you have any advice for an online meeting (pm me if that is not allowed).

I am still in awe of this site and the people that make it what it is!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Everybody's scared bokkie - and most people have a long list of reasons why they can't do something...as I said, I was the same

I don't know anything about online AA but I'm sure someone will...maybe also check out online 'SMART recovery' meetings too?

D
Old 03-31-2011, 04:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Will do Dee, thank you. just feeling lost jut now but tomorrow is another day (1)
Old 03-31-2011, 05:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Cool

Hey bokkie -----

I see that you've been given a number of suggestions, so I won't add to the turmoil, for now. I remember just starting out in recovery, and when I was given too much info, I just sorta shut down.....don't worry; things will settle down in a bit.

I'm not sure I've read this right, but it appears you live in China....? or Hong Kong....? Well, so as not to leave anybody out I've got some phone numbers for you. Depending on where you actually live, they may be totally worthless, but if you want me to check out some other numbers for you, you can always 'PM' me............... (o:

Intergroup Phone Numbers............:

Beijing 86-139-11389075
Shanghai 86-137-01715848

Hong Kong 853 25225665

I hope these help some.....

(o:
NoelleR
Old 03-31-2011, 05:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Noel, you guys never cease to amaze me