Notices

Thank you all...

Old 03-30-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you all...

Just a post to express my sincere thanks to everybody on SR who posted and gave me hope on my thread the other day. It is very much appreciated and I can't explain how grateful I am to you all.

Tonight I am feeling like this horrific episode is the best thing that could have happened to me. It did happen to me, so it will be the best thing that happened to me, and I accept it as being a part of my journey and has happened for a reason. I am feeling very grateful tonight and have made good progress on many fronts. I gained such incredible clarity from this episode and it has been an absolutely horrific week in many ways. I know where happines is, and peace of mind, and I know it is indeed possible and I am looking forward to rebuilding myself and taking my recovery on to the next level. I truly don't feel like I've lost any of my previous recovery time and in some ways feel like it has been given the chance to be increased and improved upon. Picking up again was my cry for help and it was neccessary for me to go there to get me to ask for help again, so I am very grateful.

I am proud of the life I built up and am so grateful for all of the nice things that I have, most of which is respect and admiration from people, and I know that I can use this experience to help other young people going through the same sort of stuff in the future, and be able to relate 100% as I went through it myself.

Peace
Old 03-30-2011, 01:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Nice post, Neo! You've been a great inspiration to me here during the past couple of years. Sounds like you're really ready for some solid recovery. Keep us posted on your progress
Old 03-30-2011, 01:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No problem lets hit it again!
Old 03-30-2011, 01:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling good, Neo!
Old 03-30-2011, 01:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your experience Neo! Glad things are working out for you.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're sounding more like yourself again mate - good stuff

D
Old 03-30-2011, 02:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing this Neo - glad you're doing better.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

A good read Neo, Thank _You_! As I have read here on SR before, as long as you get up one more time than you've fallen down, you win!!
Hang in there my friend!
..Mike
Old 03-30-2011, 02:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Old 03-30-2011, 03:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Many of us have learned alot from you, Neo - so it's only natural we would want to support you when you tripped. You mean alot to SR and to me personally. You're back now - onward and upward to even greater days ahead.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am glad that you are getting back on track. You know I don't believe the adage that relapses are a part of recovery, but the reality is that many of us will experience them (I sure did) and the best thing to do is to learn what you can from it and move on. It sounds like that is what you are doing. My last drinking binge, though not as bad as many others I had, did get me that sense of clarity and changed my direction in recovery.

I'd noticed before that while you were noting many positives about your own recovery, there was sometimes a sense of nostalgia or sentimentality about drinking. I have that too sometimes though I think it is mainly for the early days of my drinking, which I know I can no longer return to.

There are times when recovery feels exciting and we are making great progress, other times when it feels like it is slower and stagnating somewhat, maybe even going backwards, but it does get going again and you can make a new breakthrough.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Neo, I'm glad you made it back in one piece. For what it's worth, I had a dream Sunday night that you and I relapsed together at a bar (I guess I have been spending too much time on SR). We were both very bummed with ourselves. I hope you take this as a compliment. I know it's cyberspace, but your story helped me a little and I was obviously worried about you if you were in my subconscious like that. Welcome back!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good stuff Neo! Keep it up man. We're all here for you.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Neo..so glad you are back and just to let you know you have been an inspiration to me too...

InAFish..
I had a dream Sunday night that you and I relapsed together at a bar (I guess I have been spending too much time on SR).

This is too funny. I shared this in a PM with someone but I must post it now..I have never had a drinking dream so it was just so odd..the other night as I slept I was getting hammered with Pink. BUT Pink had purple hair and I couldn't figure out why. When I woke up..I didn't care why but my first thought was MAN I spend too much time on SR!
Old 03-30-2011, 08:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
6/20/08

So glad you are here, Neo.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
ste
unlearning

Originally Posted by NEOMARXIST View Post

I am proud of the life I built up and am so grateful for all of the nice things that I have, most of which is respect and admiration from people, and I know that I can use this experience to help other young people going through the same sort of stuff in the future, and be able to relate 100% as I went through it myself.

Peace
Not just young people, I'm 54, and you inspire me. Not only can you help, you are helping....

Thanks Neo, but Marxist, as in Carl? I'm here to tell you, communism doesn't work, except as a philosophy.

Oh! Except maybe this commune called SR.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Your desire is the key Neo...stay strong my friend...

Inafish & McCoot, You guys crack me up with those dreams..:rotfxko
Old 04-01-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Keep it going strong, mate! You are a legend! Happy Fridays!
Old 04-01-2011, 06:00 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

(((Neo))) - I have to agree with ((Dee)) - it's good to see you back to your old self. I also agree, it's not just the young you inspire...I'm 49, and you've inspired me more than a few times

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-02-2011, 02:22 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
not little, a stranger no more

Hey Neo, I missed your last post because I have been incredibliy busy over the last weeks and have not logged on to SR during that time.
I'm really glad that you made it back inone piece and that you feel better. Maybe this really had to happen so you could see that there are still things that you need to adress to feel truly happy and content. And I'm sure you will tackle them, as you did with all the other things you managed to change in your life.
Also, I think it's great that you have such a positive attitude about your negative experiences, and that you accept them as an opportunity to grow rather than dwelling on them. Hugs, and have a nice sober weekend,
S.