Notices

should i leave?

Old 03-30-2011, 10:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question should i leave?

I have a huge problem. My fiance and I have been dating since June 2010, not very long really. I became pregnant by him in July about a month after we started dating and found out in august. About the same time he lost his job for failing a drug test for marijuana. At the beginning of September I caught him shooting up pills in the bathroom. He has a bad history with pills. He was an addict injecting oxycotin and roxycodon for about 3 years. He went to rehab and got out a month before we started dating. I've known him for years and he really had changed in rehab but after being home and around his old friends he went back to old habits. Me being the big hearted person I am actually believed that was the only time he had done it since he got back but then I started snooping and finding things and noticing changes in him and before long on the day we had our first baby sonogram he came to me and said he had been doing it for about 2 months and wanted help. I was devestated but I still stayed with him and he started going to the methadone clinic. I really began noticing changes in him and he was doing alot better and also got hired back at a job welding. For the next few months everything was going great. In december a few weeks before christmas he started acting odd and sleeping all the time and just falling asleep even while standing up. At the first of the year in jan 2011 he admitted to me one day that he had taken a xannax the other day and I know mixing xannax with methadone is extremely dangerous and can make your heart stop. A few days later on january 5th he was on the way to work and had a horrible wreck and ran off the road and hit a tree. He broke alot of bones and was in icu for 3 weeks and finally woke up and had a minor brain injury. He went to a brain injury therapy hospital for the month of february and for the month of march he is back to his old self and in a transition center to get ready to come home. He can come home on weekends and this past weekend he hung out with some friends and the next morning I found some stuff and his mom and I caught him in the bathroom shooting up. Our baby is due April 18th so pretty much any day now. I gave him my ring back and left that day. I am still in contact with him but im really confused. I think the best thing for me and the baby is to leave because that is no environment for an adult much less a baby. It is very difficult to tell him that I am done though. I do love him and especially with the situation he is in now with the wreck and therapy it makes it so so hard. He comes home in 2 weeks but Im afraid something bad will happen if I leave him right now and the baby can come any day now and I am just so worried about everything. I could really use some support and advice.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome! (there are many areas of the forum that can relate to your circumstances).
Old 03-30-2011, 10:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome!!!

Yeah, you probably should.

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Introduce yourself there, I'm pretty sure you'll get the same answer.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It seems he is not working hard on changing, and it would not be good to bring your child into a situation with an active addict.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Brittany has started a thread at the Friends and Family forum. You can find it here...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...d-i-leave.html
Old 03-30-2011, 11:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Take care of your self and unborn child first of all, he needs to make the decision to change himself no one else can do that for him.