any answers?

Old 11-14-2003, 04:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

any answers?

If anyone has had a legal separation, please help me understand this.... I got a legal separation in order to protect myself, mainly financially, from my AH. I didn't get the divorce because, at the time, I was not ready to make that decision. As I understand, I am now a single person in the financial aspect. I am not responsible for his debts, finances or anything. So I have a contract on a house right now (its just perfect for me and the little ones!) and the lender is telling me I can't get a loan without my AH signing a waiver of rights. I don't understand this!! My AH was mad when I asked him about it and says he doesn't know if he'll sign it. My attorney is out of town or I would consult him. It just seems that things start looking up and then I hit another hole in the road. Nothing is easy. So if anyone has experience with this please explain so I don't have to stress out all weekend!! Thanks,
Old 11-14-2003, 04:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First of all your AH is just playing a terrorizing game with you......he has to sign even if he doesn't want to. I went through that with my ex husband he had to sign off all rights to my house when I was selling it. HE HAD to he had no choice, so give your AH the illusion of a power trip for the weekend and then the lawyers will take care of it.

Ngaire
Old 11-14-2003, 09:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

NC Way

Paige,

Your attorney will provide the final answer based on UT law. When I got seperated in NC my seperation agreement included a specific clause regarding property purchase. Does your agreement include this? If you don't know, I recommend getting the document out and reading it.

Most sep. agreements are not that legal in wording so the lay person can understand 99% of it. If you agreement includes the wording, you should share a copy with whomever has told you that a waiver is necessary. There is so much to know about these types of things, it is possible that you are being asked for something that you don't need.

Keep the faith! One day, minute, hour at a time -

Peace,

Petunia