Fast Talker, JAM/RAM his say in, Racing Mind?

Old 03-28-2011, 07:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fast Talker, JAM/RAM his say in, Racing Mind?

Vent Alert.

Problem one a fast talker who likes to jam his opinion in never giving you time to respond or get a sentence in. After seeing all the stuff on Charlie Sheen and others I keep on seeing 'racing mind' with stuff like meth.

At first I thought it was the combination of things like alcohol, steroids, caffinated sodas, sports drinks, 'recreational' drug use, the need for recreational activities and the walking sports cliche he think he is. But then I'm wondering if he uses some more hardcore drugs on a regular basis like crack or meth.

He talks to so fast and gets upset so fast if you challenge him or don't let him speak you run the risk of confrontation over the littlest thing. I like to avoid confrontation as do most other family member so we let things slide. But this makes things worse because he thinks he is always right and his behavior goes unchallenged. But at a certain point you cant keep on letting the small stuff slide but then again we're dealing with somone has a VIOLENT temper. He literaly jams his say in, he RACES to get his say( somekind of deflecting?), he must have has his way because his demeanor is always in charge and right.

Should confrontation be avoided at all costs and just let consequence take it's course?

Recently after FINALLY starting to feel the effects of financial consequence he's back to probing & asking for a loans. For a few minutes he purposely changes his demeanor and personality to a slow paced calm demeanor. It's creepy. You can see it anguishes him to have to let someone speak a full sentence without comment. It's creepy because he goes out of this mode the second the conversation is over or the word NO is spoken.

For someone who goes way out of his way to act as a know it all in charge type he goes for the pity party approach when asking for money. A year ago he was going to be in a homeless shelter possessionless. A year later he has the same apartment, cellphohe, vehicles, among other things. I don't think he realizes how people can see right through his act but then again he's always had no problem taking himself seriously.

Besides the spector of financial consequence hanging over his head his attitude and behavior really haven't changed that much except for less recreational outings(that we know of). This after decades of living above his means and at least 2 years of unemployment spent & expired.

End of Vent
Old 03-28-2011, 09:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I do not associate with people like this.

Problem solved.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
tam

I think this is typical of an addict, sounds exactly like my AH. I have tried to not associate or respond to it, but have no choice when I have to attend in person meetings regarding the divorce.
after last friday I dont think we will be meeting up again..talk about a charlie sheen! he was worse as a matter of fact, his racing talk, off the wall ideas,
plans etc. and being "the king of the world"..got attention when both my attorney and his attorney said "your not making any sense whatsever".

I think this is all normal, I dont think any particular drug does it, its just drugs or drinking and the affects of it with their minds.