Notices

Rehab

Old 03-22-2011, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Rehab

Hey all -

Well I messed up tonight. I made it one week as of yesterday, took a nap this afternoon and slept right through the meeting I was planning (and looking forward to) attending. I felt so guilty that I went out and bought a bottle and proceeded to get smashed. -- how ironic is that?

Tonight, and the past couple of days, as I've really been struggling, I've begun to think more seriously about checking myself into rehab. I might just need to duck out of regular life and devote a chunk of time to figure out what's wrong with me.

I was wondering if anyone here could give me any advice about rehab. Those who went without a court order, what made you realize that it was necessary? A lot of my friends seem to think that rehab is the best option for me, and have been suggesting it for months. I feel like maybe they think it's a magic bullet, which I know enough to know that that's definitely not the case.

I'm concerned about cost, obviously I know that nobody can completely help me with those questions, but if I have decent health insurance what have other people had to pay out of pocket?

Anyways, I'm kinda feeling down right now that I fell off the wagon.

-Josh
Old 03-22-2011, 07:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Josh...

I've never been to rehab nor do I really know much about it. I just wanted to respond to say hang in there! We're all here for you!! Keep trying!
Old 03-22-2011, 07:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi Josh - I think treatment is a great idea for anyone starting out in sobriety. I've been to rehab twice - one was covered by insurance, due to being treated for depression as well as alcohol abuse and it was expensive..... Ten years later I went to a government subsidized rehab which was $3000 (this was about 1999) and they worked with me and set up time payments.

I think if you call around (or go online and do a search for your area), you'll find a good amount of options.

Both treatment centers provided me with one-on-one counseling, medical support, introduction to AA meetings, lectures (educational as well as motivational), group therapy....... they were both really good experiences.

I hope you can find what you need and I glad to see you're really committed to your sobriety. Hang in there.....:ghug3
Old 03-22-2011, 07:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Josh,

Ive never been to rehab, but ive kicked 2 addictions - alcohol and weed - by changing environments for a mere 7 days. Do you have a friend or family member you could go and stay with? For me, that was all I needed to get those first 7 days under my belt

I also have heard around SR that the salvation army has a free detox type service, dont know if theyre in your area, but it may be worth investigating that option if cost is your main concern and you dont have F&F in your area
Old 03-22-2011, 08:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Josh

I never been to rehab but here's the national database for you...just click your state then enter your hometown...you'll get a lot of options.

Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator

It's probably worth thinking about what you think rehab will do for you first tho....and consider whether that's a realistic expectation.

No need to answer me, but think about it - do you think you tried hard enough in your latest attempt and gave it 100%?

D