Notices

Withdrawls????

Old 03-20-2011, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawls????

My boyfriend is a drug addict and an alcoholic...When I found out he was doing drugs I kicked him out...He as quit the drugs, however, not the alcohol...He was over last night, had been drinking, and his entire body was shaking, not just little hand shakes it was jerky and he was sweating and saying he didn't feel well...What is that? He had been drinking earlier in the evening prior to coming over so was he withdrawing already?

Worried and looking for information, Thanks for your help!...
Old 03-20-2011, 08:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

What I've read is that withdrawals can start 6-10 hours from the last drink. (A hangover is really just a form of withdrawal).

Body shakes are a more severe symptom...... would he go to a doctor (probably not since he's still drinking).

I hope he can get some help. There's not much you can do, I'm afraid, because the addict/alcoholic will only quit when they've had enough (and some never do).

I'm sorry you've had your relationship ruined by addiction. You did the right thing by kicking him out and letting him deal with his problem. I hope his wake-up call comes soon.......

Welcome to the forum by the way..... and we have a section here for Friends and Family of Alcoholics.....you may find it helpful as well:

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 03-20-2011, 08:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Sounds like he should get to a doctor.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thats pretty much what I figured...Thanks for your responses! I appreciate it so much...