Irritated

Old 03-16-2011, 10:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Irritated

So I wake up sick this morning, debating whether to go to work and I have a text from my RAD telling me she isn't going to school today..she's taking a personal day.
Now the deal is if she misses school she has to tell us..so that part is good.However upon asking her exactly why she wouldn't be in school she said she nedded to go to the grocery store, Target, and fix a problem with her food stamps.I said none of that was a good reason not to go to school.She had a little bit of a tude, so I just got off the phone and wrote this..I do not want to nag scold or repeat myself so I am going to say this as clarely as I can one time.you are to got to school every day that you are not sick..laundry,shopping,government business are to be taken care of on your days off..you get 2 days off a week and and 3 days off 1x a mo. that is plenty of personal time.Personal days are a luxury that you don't get because we are paying for you..are we completely clear about this? She txted back..Yep.
I probably could have been a litle nicer, but was really taken aback since things had been going so well..anyway..so annoying to have to be holding and enforcing boundaries again..so much easier when no one is pushing!
Old 03-16-2011, 11:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"Say what you mean, mean what you say, and don't say it mean."

I think you got it all covered and quite nicely, too

I keep having to enforce boundaries too, and it annoys the crap out of me. Then I remind myself I'm enforcing them now because I didn't before. Still pisses me off, though
Old 03-16-2011, 12:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You handled that very well! I'm not sure if I would have handled it that way....I probably would have done nothing as a cop out....I'm still working on these issues!!

You did good!

Roo
Old 03-16-2011, 01:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yup CHino..I never did before so I have to now..hate it tho..
Old 03-16-2011, 06:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Particularly a pain in the tush to have to reinforce boundaries that most of us take for granted, huh?
You're doing great!
gentle hugs
ke
Old 03-17-2011, 12:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It just triggers me right back to the bad ol days!
Old 03-17-2011, 01:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I probably could have been a litle nicer, but was really taken aback since things had been going so well..anyway..so annoying to have to be holding and enforcing boundaries again..so much easier when no one is pushing!:

Yup, know what you mean! just when you get a little rest cause you're not on the edge, they pop up again to test us.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((Keep))) - you did great! You were sick, she was doing something that set off a trigger of "the old days", so yeah...I'd be irritated, too.

I agree with ((Chino)) - it pisses me off, too, that I have to keep setting boundaries because I didn't do it in the past...it's like a double-whammy..having to set the boundary (AGAIN), and remembering where we were.

The good thing is, we're getting better

Hugs and prayers,

Amy