Notices

hi

Old 03-15-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

hi

Hi am XWillowX am 34 from Scotland am married with no kids i live with my husband and two cats
I am an alcoholic , i also self injure as well .
I have been sober for 7 months but in the last few days i feel like i need to drink . am struggling a lot with it at the moment my husband is being supportive and understanding he feels that i should get drink at all and need to work on why i am needing it at the moment.
i have used drugs in the past, heron , cannabis and speed but never addicted to them i tried them a few times didnt think much of them and left it alone at that
but at the moment i want something to make me high and stop me from feeling so depressed i want to feel like am on drugs again
I know that drinking is a depressant and wont help me with wanting to be high but i feel i need it at the moment
Also i self injured today it gave me a little lift from the endorpins that you get from self injuring and it helped to lift my mood a little but now am back feeling depressed again
i need to work on my self injure and my drinking.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, Willow...this is a good step, posting here.

Congratulations on 7 months - what sort of suppprt are you getting for not drinking? Or for the cutting/injuring?
Old 03-15-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Thank you
At the moment i am getting no support for the drinking i cant go to meetings because i have social anxiety and a room full of people would make me have panic/ anxiety attacks

For the self injury i go on peer support forums and my psych knows i self injure but hasnt really addressed it
Old 03-15-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Willow! I'm so glad you found us! I understand not being able to be with people in meetings, but there are A.A. online meetings that you can try. Just Google it! Congratulations on 7 months!!! Hang in there!
P.S. I love your avatar!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm surprised your p-doc hasn't addressed that! I have no personal experience with self-injury, so I don't really know what sort of treatment plans are appropriate though.

I give you big kudos for not drinking for that long without support...I know you say you "need" it at the moment but obvioulsy you're smart enough to know that it won't help anything. Also if you are on any meds for brain cooties then alcohol (or other drugs) can really screw you up.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome to the forum, willow....... It's hard when we have multiple issues - and lots of us do. There's always that temptation to self-medicate and feel good temporarily........ but of course it only backfires on us.

My anti-depressants help keep me from sliding into a black hole where I'm tempted to turn to any kind of instant relief. You mentioned seeing a "psych" (is that psychologist or psychiatrist? and have you been helped by medication in the past?).

Support is great and absolutely necessary, but it's OK if we need more than that, too.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR XWillowX

D
Old 03-15-2011, 07:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Earth Child

by psych i meant psychiatrist i am on medication for voices and delusions and on anti depressants for depression , the medication has helped in the past but i feel i need my med up'd as i feel there no longer working also this time of year ( lent ) is hard for me due to abuse in my past
Old 03-15-2011, 07:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome to SR! Glad you are here.