All A Blessing

Old 03-12-2011, 05:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Cool All A Blessing

All a blessing

Whether the golden sun warms you to the core or the bitter cold wind stings your face, it is all a blessing. Whether you are surrounded by pleasure or immersed in toil and strife, every moment is a thing that carries boundless beauty and possibility.

Take each moment as it comes to you and give your best to it. Resenting the pain will only make it more painful, and hoarding the pleasure will only prevent you from experiencing its joy.

Give your attention and your energy to where you are. For when you truly appreciate the value of where you are and what you have, it opens you up to a world of possibilities.

Move beyond your own arbitrary judgments, and things that were once difficult and intolerable can become far easier to bear. Consider that much of what makes something difficult is the way you think and feel about it.

Rather than seeing yourself as enduring something unpleasant, see yourself as contributing your very best to a challenging and energizing situation. Rather than waiting for something better to come along, take the initiative and find a way to make something better actually happen.

Every moment is a truly unique and valuable blessing when you see it as such.

-- Ralph Marston
From The Daily Motivator
Old 03-12-2011, 05:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I posted this today because I recently have been reminded that life is filled with blessings that often come as God's strangely wrapped gifts.

Recently, while on vacation, we were disappointed when we thought we had missed out on a terrific opportunity for a property purchase. Today, we found out that it would have been a terrible mistake, not unsimilar to the old "buying swamp land in Floriday" schemes.

Many times in my life I learned that when the rug was pulled out from under me, there was something I needed to see from the floor. When there were obstacles in my path, I was being led to a different (and better) path.

My life today is beautiful, filled with hope and gratitude and a spiritual freedom I didn't have in my youth. If I had not lived through all the dark days of my codependency and my son's addiction, I would not have noticed the light when it appeared.

I am blessed today with strangely wrapped gifts and appreciation for all that life brings me, good days and bad, and for this I am grateful.

Hugs
Old 03-13-2011, 04:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Beautiful reading to start the day, thanks Ann!
Old 03-13-2011, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for sharing Ann! I hope that someday I can see things as clearly as you do.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by jalapenolover View Post
Thanks so much for sharing Ann! I hope that someday I can see things as clearly as you do.
It comes with age, hindsight is 20/20.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

haha! Well.. I think you all would be surprised by my age. (funny you knew I was a spring chicken). However it is my opinion that addiction/co-dependcy is an equal opportunity employer!