Notices

Good Morning Friends....it is early, on to Day 5...

Old 03-12-2011, 03:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good Morning Friends....it is early, on to Day 5...

Checking in on everyone, especially fellow newbies. Got home yesterday, did some things at home, took hot bath, skipped dinner (yeah!) and got to bed early, watching tv and on my iPad. Up early, about to make coffee and go volunteer for my rescue group. Bringing coffee and hot tea for everyone. Beautiful day ahead. How is everyone? Gosh it feels good to BE good.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I'm not a newbie, but I'll wish everyone a "good morning" as well. I used to curse the mornings, but now I relish the promise of another sober day
Old 03-12-2011, 03:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Editor

Good Morning
I am still here. Yes! Friday night was not as hard as it has been in the past. Although this waking up when I use to go to bed thing I am going to have to get use to. Stay strong and happy Saturday. Dave
Old 03-12-2011, 03:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good morning! Keep that attitude Chris!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 06:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
is really trying!

Hi Chris etal, also very happy today for a great sleep & clear head this morning. Done loads of put-off paperwork, been riding, cleaned car, done grocery shopping (bypassing alcohol aisle!!) hounded kids for uniforms to wash, now able to catch up with y'all. Chris, there is a new Class of March2011 thread if you want to jump in with some other newbs :u)

Enjoy the rest of the w/e everyone
Old 03-12-2011, 07:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to know of your progress...

Wanna keep in touch with fellow Marchers?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ch-2011-a.html
Old 03-12-2011, 08:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 5! I've gotten caught up on a lot of things this morning already... Normally would still be sleeping it off this time on Saturday!
Old 03-12-2011, 09:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

I would like to stay and chat, but the temperature is 70 F here in the Ozarks and my bicycle is calling me. So everyone have a wonderful day, give some time for compassion for one another and send positive thoughts to the people suffering in Japan.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Jeeeze, wish it was 70* here, Creek....high today of only 29*. So I slipped around on the ice walking my dog and my landlords dog. Armoured in full Cardhartts! LOL
It sure is a nice feeling waking up in the morning -be it early or after sleeping in, and think clearly of what this glorious day beholds. Even if it is cloudy and cold! Ugh.
Wishing everyone a blessed day and keep thinking happy thoughts.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Congratulations Chris - you're really doing this thing. It's amazing the hell we put ourselves through, thinking we're improving our lives with our anesthesia. When the fog clears it's such a relief to be part of things again - even though it means having to get through difficult times with a clear head. It's so much better to be awake and aware.

Also, thank you for rescuing the kittys - what an unselfish thing to do - and I'm sure it's not easy.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your replies....I will join in on the March newbies form too. Feel better physically today than I have for a long time. Hoping to hear from others this weekend!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 02:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Chris! Day 4 here and feeling good! You're right, it sure feels good to be good! I have a lot to be grateful for today including the beautiful day we're having! Thanks for posting on your progress!
Old 03-12-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Glad you're feeling so good Chris - that's awesome! I agree that the mornings are the best - gone are the times when I laid in bed until noon and couldn't even enjoy it......

Keep up the positivity!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 09:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Keep it up, Chris! You're on a good roll! We're pulling for you!

Speaking of temps......I've decided to spend a few days in a locale which is 1000+ miles from my home, and it's been getting into the 80s every day. I'm loving it....and staying sober, too!
Old 03-12-2011, 09:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congrats Chris! I am still fairly new to sobriety too, but I love it. I still have trouble sleeping (always did, which was one of the reasons I drank) but waking up after 3 hours sleep without booze feels far, far better than waking up after lots of alcohol and a long sleep. I don't think I'll ever get tired of not being hung over! All the best.