Notices

Class of March 2011

Old 03-11-2011, 03:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Class of March 2011

Hi folks, not sure if there is one already set up but if not I am ready to start the ball rolling so for all you wonderful people who have decided that March 2011 is the month to get Sober. Please join this thread.

I am 39 a wife, a mother, professional, daughter, sister and friend who stopped drinking on the 4th October 2010. I made a conscious decision last Saturday to have 4 drinks after 150 days sober to test the water, to see how much fun I was missing....MADNESS I hear you scream....and you are right. So so stupid. It affirmed my sobriety on Sunday and while I do not see the previous 150 days as wasted for they were some of the best days in a long time and my October Classmates will never be far away but is time for me to regroup with new classmates as I am now restarting on day 6...so anyone want to come and keep me company please do!!
Old 03-11-2011, 04:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
orangutan

There is a class started I put my name in but had a slip up so need to change my date to 9th march.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

HI guys,
Well I stopped late February (see my sig) but March just feels better for me

1.15am --> Smudger is off to bed
Old 03-12-2011, 05:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Editor

lookinforward here. I am 40. Grew up in a loving alcoholic home.(didnt realize that until a few years ago) I thought that was "normal". I am Married with two beautiful children, great career, home and life. I am an alcoholic and have battled every kind of alcohol for many years. Beer being my poison of choice. 1 turns into 24 in a couple of hours . I always here moderation is the key. My beer brain scoffs at moderation. I didnt realize that I was an alcoholic until about 5 years ago. I could always quit for a few weeks without any major issues. Then the Beer really took control of my life telling me that it was ok to drink at the kids baseball park(red cup club), in the car on the way home from work(my favorite), early on saturday mornings, ANY social event( which means my heart is beating). Basically all the time. I lost control. Not that I ever had it to begin with. I had become everything that I loathed in people(ex-bartender from way back).
I quit.
Then that evil little B@stard sat on my shoulder and said," you can have a couple. You have got a handle on this. Come on . Whats the big deal?" Well I listened and started the whole vicious cycle over again.
Then I quit again
You guessed it. I hate that little guy.
I have made it as long a 5months. The rest of the time I am full bore drunk .
I stumbled upon this site last week and it was like the heavens opened from above. I thought that I was different. I thought that all this crazy crap that happens to an alcoholic was special for me in this world. This never ending battle against evil. The dark side as on member referred to as.
I thought that I was alone.
One thing that is going to help me achieve my sobriety is knowing this one simple thing.
I am not alone in this fight.
This site is the greatest thing that has happened to me since the birth of my children. I have something that I have not had in a long time.
Hope!
Now you know who I am. I know that was long winded and apologize.Have a wonderful sober saturday.
Dave
Old 03-12-2011, 06:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
is really trying!

Hey, I'm in. Had to leave my Feb 'classmates' behind, as slipped up last Mon, but now 5 days in & feeling great. MM, V sorry, but 150 days is AWESOME & you KNOW it can be done. Thanks for starting the thread, hope Chris2011 and other newbs catch it too.
Peaceful, sober w/e to all
Old 03-12-2011, 07:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Congratulations to all our Marchers....
Old 03-12-2011, 02:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
orangutan

Day 5 and things could be better , I didn't sleep much last night and my headaches started again yesterday I had these for a week last time I stopped ,I am not sure if it is the lack of alcahol or lack of sleep , I see my Doc. tomorrow.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations to all you guys

D
Old 03-12-2011, 04:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aussieblue View Post
I didn't sleep much last night and my headaches started again yesterday I had these for a week last time I stopped ,I am not sure if it is the lack of alcahol or lack of sleep
Yeah, I know that feeling all too well.
I suspect it's all the years my brain has been used to 'sleeping' whilst embalmed in alcohol

I'm not taking anything for it though I figure it's just best to let it run its course.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Add me to the March crew....Day 5 me. Love waking up early and feeling good!!! Hi to my fellow Marchers.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Editor

Good Morning Marchers. A Sober Saturday under the belt. Wow. It feels good not to have a hang over and I remember just about everything that I did yesterday. My drinking buddy of 25 years called me up yesterday to let me know that he just tapped the heiney keg. I let him know that I am not drinking and to my surprise he was nothing but supportive. Wow.I didnt expect the response that I got when i talked to him. That was one of my greatest fears, because he has been my best friend since childhood. What a great birthday present. He even said he might be ready to join us on the journey.
Hang in there Blue. Good call on the Doctors visit.
Have a sober Sunday
Day by Day
Dave
Old 03-13-2011, 03:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

And another good morning to everyone as well. I am way too early again...but lots to do since we have weather going into the 70's today! Stay strong fell Marchers of 2011...on to Day 6 for me.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lookinforward View Post
Good Morning Marchers. A Sober Saturday under the belt. Wow. It feels good not to have a hang over and I remember just about everything that I did yesterday. My drinking buddy of 25 years called me up yesterday to let me know that he just tapped the heiney keg. I let him know that I am not drinking and to my surprise he was nothing but supportive. Wow.I didnt expect the response that I got when i talked to him. That was one of my greatest fears, because he has been my best friend since childhood. What a great birthday present. He even said he might be ready to join us on the journey.
Hang in there Blue. Good call on the Doctors visit.
Have a sober Sunday
Day by Day
Dave
Contests Dave....love waking and watching the sun rise on Pensacola Beach!
Old 03-13-2011, 03:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Meant Congrats to you Dave....darn iPad!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 05:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, day 6 for me. Wow. Last night was a challenge, but I made it!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by March7 View Post
Last night was a challenge, but I made it!
I have been finding that challenging nights give me more strength the next day.

Sometimes I wake up with an incredulous feeling that I made it through at all.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thought I'd join this group. On day 2. Drinking is no longer an option for me.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me. I just have to get drinking out of my life.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

day 1 for me too
Old 03-13-2011, 06:15 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

My relapse a few days ago only lasted one night but I am having the same withdrawal effects as if I was stopping after months. I have been sweating, tossing and turning all night and my brain feels slower. The circulation in my feet and hands also doesn't feel great. This is the last time I will ever experience this.