what to do with myself?

Old 03-11-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what to do with myself?

It's Spring Break and my XH and his family are taking my 3 children on a trip. So I am child-free from today until NEXT Sunday.

I will still be working (8-5), but could take a day off if there were something I really wanted to do.

I know that I will miss them, but what mother of young children doesn't dream of having a little time to herself?

What would you do with 10 days of having to take care of no one but you (and a bunch of dogs.)?
Old 03-11-2011, 07:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sew, sleep, catch up on tv, declutter(in a major way), read LotR series, go to a restaurant by myself and enjoy not having to help anyone else, having to get a to-go box because 2yo is in a "won't eat at restaurants that don't have a playland" phase. Oh..and I'd go hang at the comic book store for awhile, which I very rarely get to do(out of the closet nerd here!)
Old 03-11-2011, 07:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'd just take it a day at a time. If I feel like being a lazy bum one day, that's what I'd be. The next day, I might want to go do something, so I'd do it. I'd enjoy the time off not having to have a schedule or anything in particular that I need to do. Sometimes, my very favorite thing to do is just to be. Enjoy your time off!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Depends on the weather... if it's nice outside, I'd be working in my garden, go running/biking. I'd catch up with my girlfriends. I'd read a book. I'd take a long bath. I'd work on one of my many hobbies. I'd take a road trip, go to a museum...

and, I would miss my kids. But I would enjoy the fact that they were off having a fun time hanging out with their father.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GettingBy View Post
But I would enjoy the fact that they were off having a fun time hanging out with their father.
and that I DON'T HAVE TO BE THERE!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have some of that time coming up too, Stella. I'm still working during the week but plan to do some fishing and hiking on the weekend. I might take a day off as well.

To answer you question do all those things you normally can't do when you're being a mom. Sleep in. Watch a movie really late. Go see some friends. Make yourself a nice meal. Do YOUR own thing.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I would Sleep.... I miss sleep :-) I have 4 little ones so sleep is priceless.

And I would use the time they are gone to organize thier rooms and throw out those old unused toys that I cant do while they are watching me ;-)