What do you need tonight?

Old 03-10-2011, 11:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What do you need tonight?

I need hugs. Lots and lots of hugs. And tissues. I think my brain is trying to escape through my nose. Darn virus. I don't really need any rah-rah-go-team cheerleading. I know I'll get through this, too. That it's just another obstacle. I know that. I'm just really tired and wish someone could hold me so I could cry myself to sleep tonight. Except if I do, I might suffocate on all the snot in my head.

So what about you? What do you need tonight?
Old 03-10-2011, 11:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

My blankie and my teddy bear... Feeling very sniffly so I'll need a box of tissues, throat lozenges and a hot drink too! I know how you feel about the snot...
Old 03-10-2011, 11:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I threw up 3 times today and was exhausted, I need some sleep hygiene!!! I slept 5 hours after work. I need someone to yell at me and kick me in the pants. I'm also hungry, that I can take care of - I need a snack... going to get one... Oh, I throw up from stress and being tired, sorry to hear that you guys are sick, I'm sending the cyber hugs you need!!!

Feel free to cyber kick me in the pants- EEEEKKK
Old 03-10-2011, 11:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Must be something going around. I had to pick up DS early from school because he wasn't feeling well. I spent the better part of the day with huggles for my beautiful 6yo. It would've been a great way to spend the day if he hadn't been feeling ill.

Hope you're all feeling better.

Hmmmm, what do I need today? To remember to turn off auto correct when I type in the title to the threads I post. My sister back from her trip. My dad back from his. XAH on an extended one.....

He said he'd submit the modification paper work to request a change to the visitation when he gets back (tomorrow). I don't think he realizes that it will entail telling the court which company he's working for and explaining why he hasn't done most of the things the court asked him to do.....

An off switch for the past-replay and future-worry themes in my mind.

I'll brave the snot and stress vomit to send hugs. Take care!
Old 03-11-2011, 12:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theuncertainty View Post
Must be something going around. I had to pick up DS early from school because he wasn't feeling well. I spent the better part of the day with huggles for my beautiful 6yo. It would've been a great way to spend the day if he hadn't been feeling ill.
Funny, I picked up a 6 year old today because she was throwing up at school (I'm a nanny). I'm sure my throwing up was partially induced by her school throw up story, and her baby sister's car gas-splosions!!! When we got home and out of the car was when my sickness began. Dad came home a little early and took her to the Dr.- she has 3 siblings, the whole early pick up was an ordeal, sent my stress level thru the roof because nap time is my ONLY break... I'm not going to beat myself up too much about my poor sleep habits today- it was a bad day.

Take care too Uncertainty, I send prayers for your much needed off switches!
Old 03-11-2011, 05:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm just really tired and wish someone could hold me so I could cry myself to sleep tonight. Except if I do, I might suffocate on all the snot in my head.
:ghug3 maybe this squeezy hug will do it!
i sure hate a headful of snot. i (knock on wood) do not get these kinds of colds.
but.......
when i laugh too hard, cough too much, or just sneeze,
lets just say i need a depends,
and needing those means i need a hug too.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wicked View Post
:ghug3 maybe this squeezy hug will do it!
i sure hate a headful of snot. i (knock on wood) do not get these kinds of colds.
but.......
when i laugh too hard, cough too much, or just sneeze,
lets just say i need a depends,
and needing those means i need a hug too.

Sorry for the sickies out there

beth, i hope that no one at work notices those " strange postured" sneeze moments that I have....

and as for trying to get into shape-
forget the jumping jacks!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Last night, I really did need that conversation with my mother.
I finally told her I was no longer with XABF, and that alcoholism was the cause. I downplayed it, because she is not someone I can talk to.
I learned about addiction in my family - an aunt's alcoholic ex-husband (I did faintly remember this one), an uncle's fight with marijuana addiction (This I never knew!) - which makes everything so much clearer now. I know where the isms came from!
And I finally identified why I am uneasy telling my mother anything personal about me, because all this talk about "gaslighting" brought that forefront to my mind, and sure enough, all my childhood memories are apparently wrong.

I've got lots of really helpful new information about my family history, now. The mystery is unraveling. I know where it came from! And why my uncle's drinking was making me nervous.
I know exactly what sorts of things I can't discuss with my mother, now, and which things I can. I actually have the tools to carry on a conversation with her now, and have some sort of relationship, even if it is shallow.

Last night, I found my clarity, the secrets buried in the past finally uncovered, the behaviors in the present finally identified.

Now I know I'm not the crazy one, I'm the one moving forward, rather than staying stuck spending all my efforts trying to hide the past.

Tonight, I need a purring kitten, some soup for dinner, and to pack for my trip this weekend.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If you haven't already, go get a Neti Pot. It's basically a saline wash. You tilt your head down and to one side, stuff a little nozzle up your nose and drain some warm salty water into one side. It will flow back in your sinuses and around and come out the other side. Then you do it again from the other side. You lightly blow your nose and lots of snot comes out.

It kinda feels like your drowning but it's a very easy way to take care of that snotty nose syndrome. It's not some secret thing. You can buy it anywhere.

I just need continued peace and quiet.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Shellcrusher, I owe you a big hug when I get healthy enough to give them!!! I had completely forgotten about the neti pot! Off to the store as soon as I can organize my face enough that I don't get arrested for disturbing the peace with my looks.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
I had completely forgotten about the neti pot!
And for good reason too!

Old 03-11-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

OMG, I'm tired. I can't stop laughing. Lovely picture, ewwwwwww.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I like your glasses, jazzman.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Neti pots SCARE me. They scare me even more now Jazzman!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Presstoe View Post
Neti pots SCARE me. They scare me even more now Jazzman!!!
I second that - gross!!!!!!

I need sleep - last night was hugely eventful - up every two hours - crisis has passed and all is well again but I am wrecked this morning. Seems the older I get, the worse I feel with disrupted sleep.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:56 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Head cold kicking my arse since Tuesday. A work buddy has the stomach flu. I think I'm the lucky one.

I tried that neti pot thing once, felt like I was trying to drown myself. No thanks!

Tonight I need Nyquil.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I had such a migraine last night I needed heavy pharmaceuticals. Sadly, I do not have any. I had to take my two older boys to a......shooting class. Whyy meeee. My head already hurt.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:17 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I am feeling great and hope you all feel great soon !!

I use something similar to that pot that is sold at drugstores (sterimar) and it feels a little weird but your breathing improves greatly! I was advised to use those saline waters to mitigate allergy symptoms.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hope everyone who is/was sick is feeling better.
What do I need tonight? Serenity and someone else to cook dinner.
And no more pictures from Jazzman!
Old 03-12-2011, 01:22 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Still feeling lousy this morning but there is no way I'm getting a neti pot - gross! Its snowing here, there's a couple of inches on the ground and it's snowing heavily - so much for spring! I have the urge to grab my kindle and a cup of tea and go back to bed!!