Notices

Exactly where I should be...

Old 03-09-2011, 07:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exactly where I should be...

I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and there are no coincidences. I believe that the 'F' word failure is only deciphered by the persons' interpretation of what failure holds. I believe that if you think you can't do something you probably won't try hard enough to prove yourself right. I believe in thinking outside the box.
Today, I am sober for 40 days. My counselor told me last night that I am right where I should be in my progress and that I hold enough positivity and independance to be successful. But I need to walk all the way around the block to feel all the situations sober that one would face drunk and deal with them sober. That will be a work in progress.
But since my husband and I separated in August, I relapsed and drank until I lost my job...then my husband says he's closing our kennel business for a few months to take his business (plumbing) to his son in NJ. He told me this a week before he left.
This means my (dog) grooming station has no electric or water. He says "Well, just find another place to do it." Um...thanx.
So instead of feeling sorry for myself and feel the need to drink...I called my landlord and asked if I could have lights installed in the basement. She said Yes. Then I called the electrician...then I went to the kennel and removed all my grooming supplies. Bought a heater, bought paint, bought shelves, but a shop vac, etc etc...I've spent the past week renovating the basement into a dog grooming station. Today I had my first 2 dogs today and one coming tomorrow and 2 more already scheduled next week.
At my last job I was only making $8.50 an hour and out of the house 8 hours a day. Here, I am home and for 4 hours "work" I was paid $50.
But I am thinking outside the box, onward in life, no looking back, think ahead, think of what you can be doing today instead of what you should have done yesterday. Be positive...positive energy creates positive energy. Watch for the open doors...don't try to kick in a closed door.
Just felt like sharing.