Notices

changes in dynamics of relationship

Old 03-08-2011, 10:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

changes in dynamics of relationship

My girl is coming back home Thursday. I cant wait to see her but...
In light of the circumstances of her sons death. drinking has become repulsive to me. I am not saying I have been able to be clean so I guess that makes me a hypocrite.
Once she gets home though I want us both to make changes. I really fear that she will keep drinking and I can t control that, but it sabotages what I want for myself. I am not willing to leave her , especially now she will be needing support, but I am hoping she will take the journey to sobriety with me. The coming days will be difficult and I am hoping and praying we can get through this tragedy without completely losing focus.
I think we both need AA but she thinks it is me that needs AA. i have to do my best to make her understand it is both of us that have a problem...
please pray for us. i think we will need helping hand to get through.
If she comes to the resolution that it is just me . I think I will do whatever to make things right, and maybe she will get a clue. but I really do think it is going to be a tough rode ahead for both of us
Old 03-09-2011, 01:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sending you a prayer for both of you to have the strength to support and love each other, to find in your hearts a healing place together.

I pray for relief from the grief you both are feeling, and the ability to release from the hurt over the funeral/family situation that caused you to feel unwelcome and separated you from each other when you should have been together.

I pray that you will lift each other up above any conflict addiction has caused in your relationship, and that you both will be guided toward recovery with patience when you are ready to take that step together- that she will understand you and see your love and your point of view.

I wish for your wellness. Take care.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ste
unlearning

Originally Posted by Presstoe View Post
I'm sending you a prayer for both of you to have the strength to support and love each other, to find in your hearts a healing place together.

I pray for relief from the grief you both are feeling, and the ability to release from the hurt over the funeral/family situation that caused you to feel unwelcome and separated you from each other when you should have been together.

I pray that you will lift each other up above any conflict addiction has caused in your relationship, and that you both will be guided toward recovery with patience when you are ready to take that step together- that she will understand you and see your love and your point of view.

I wish for your wellness. Take care.

I second that.

"I think I will do whatever to make things right, and maybe she will get a clue."

I think maybe you have to be the strong one. Go to AA yourself, and I think she will eventually want to go with you.

Is that a Mini-Marshall you got, or a Fender?
Old 03-09-2011, 06:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

she is in denial I know that. There are some friends that think I should run far away from her, but I love her and I think that if I get my s*** together first she will have no choice but to follow or left behind. i am not leaving until we at least try
Old 03-09-2011, 07:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Get your own **** together. That's what you can do. Ask HP to take care of the rest. I am trying every day not to count my husband's beers. It's getting easier.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Beth,

I'm sorry for what you have both gone through and I hope you can begin to heal.

Focus on yourself and your recovery. That's all you can do. Hopefully your girlfriend will follow your example, but you need to stay on track.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am very happy for the moment as far as personal life goes...Job not so much, but anyway. I decided to grow a pair of balls and told gf when she comes home tomorrow. WE..will be attending AA. I told her we needed to make changes our way isnt working etc. Not only did she agree, she is excited! I was like what? Thank God is all I can think. I have been asking her to go with me to meetings for months now. we went together to one and she started to cry so I knew right there meetings is where she (we) should be, but life got complicated and busy and we never made it back. Now things are going to hopefully change. we have meetings right up the block I told her there is no reason we cant make at least 2 of them a week. granted the time stinks cause of work schedule but we can get there I am sure.
I am very proud of myself because I stood my ground...
I am the tough one but she is still the boss, but she listened!!
totally awesome for me. Its really hard to stop drinking if partner has n active problem as well. I am feeling optimistic
now if only the lottery ticket I bought is a winner!!!
GA next stop