Info on Intervention Part 2

Old 03-08-2011, 08:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Info on Intervention Part 2

The last thread got removed because of some violations for advertising. (I didn't even know this site was sponsored). I will be posting info about Interventions on this thread.

The topic is too important to be ignored and or given up on.

As stated before - the success rate for doing an intervention is between 80-85%. Success defined as getting the addict into treatment.

For those who are interested, I will be posting checklists for an intervention, preparations and tactics for overcoming obstacles. All the info is based on research/reading I have done and my own personal experience - with addiction and with working with addicts.

If you need direct links, private message me.

Panther
Old 03-14-2011, 01:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Update: I have decided due to the response I received from the last thread not to post info. Its not that I don't think it would help some, but just that I couldn't see the information being understood from the barrage of attacks it would inevitably receive.

Like I have said before - I help children at the Substance Abuse Unit where I work. Hours that I spend on here debating and having threads removed could be spent researching for my students and helping them start a life of recovery.

If you want to know more about doing interventions - the information is out there. Keep an open mind.

Panther