Notices

Ok i'll do anything!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2011, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Ok i'll do anything!!!!!!

I can't take it anymore. I just lost my job. I just messed up an entire semester of school. My mattress is disgusting, rancid smelling. What is it gonna take for me to GET MY HEAD OUT MY A S S? I think I'm mentally ill. No DUI's, that's all I can say. Well, this is that proverbial "Gift of Desperation" right? Time for me to go to any lenghts to get better. I'm a broken desperate man. I don't want to sound whiny but I dunno what to do.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I feel ya. I think I was at the same point you seem to be. I had to check myself into rehab and start on a vigorous course of action with AA. It's the only thing that has worked for me thus far.

Is it possible for you to check into local rehab facilities?
Old 03-08-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Suic,
I know you've really been struggling. Can you check yourself into an inpatient program? It might be what you need to kick start your sobriety journey.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I know *I* was mentally ill.

The disease was called alcoholism.

Desperation IS a gift, if you use it. Drag your butt to an AA meeting, preferably TODAY, while you still feel desperate. These are sometime small windows of desperation that can close once we talk ourselves into another drink in order to feel better. Of course, we do, briefly, and sometimes we can control it, briefly, and suddenly we seem to have no problem again.

Until, of course, we do.

Use this window while it's open.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
I know *I* was mentally ill.

The disease was called alcoholism.

Desperation IS a gift, if you use it. Drag your butt to an AA meeting, preferably TODAY, while you still feel desperate. These are sometime small windows of desperation that can close once we talk ourselves into another drink in order to feel better. Of course, we do, briefly, and sometimes we can control it, briefly, and suddenly we seem to have no problem again.

Until, of course, we do.

Use this window while it's open.

I couldn't agree with Lexie more on her entire post.

Suic - you're going to need to take action to take care of your alcholism. Thinking and talking about it just won't cut it, no matter how desperate you are.

Can you go to an AA meeting today/tonight? No excuses, no reasons why you can't, just go.

I had to change who I was or the same me will drink again, and again, and again. Maybe this is true with you too?

Kjell
Old 03-08-2011, 08:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Suic -

I've been in that place more than once and as much as they were horrible, terrible, they pushed me to change myself and my life, to do what I had to do to get better, and that willingness has given me a life I never would have expected - full of peace and serenity and days I wake up without needing a drink. But I had to take action. I never thought I would live without pain but at the end it no longer mattered since nothing could have been worse than what I was going through at the time.

Meetings, rehabs, 12-steps, SMART Recovery...

It's all here, if you want to use it.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

Suic I only have one word for you GO!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

Nothing is as important as the moment. Stand up, dust off, and get help, now. You've got the rest of your life waiting for you to live. I can be better if you start. Go do it and check back with us. We're here for you.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ste
unlearning

Suic,
All good advice above. No job, school messed up=time to work on you.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope this desperation leads you to do whatever it takes to get and stay sober. It's definately worth the effort.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, it was desperation that pushed me to begin to recover.

Do whatever you need to do to stay sober.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

When I became more afraid of dying than I was of living, I got myself to an AA meeting. Never regretted it. I know it's a cliche, but my worst day sober is better than my best day drunk.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I've got about a week on ya, mate. I was feeling EXACTLY like you - one week later I'm starting to feel really positive about my recovery. Meds have been a godsend but the key was my decision - this has to stop NOW. DO IT!

ps. Get your mattress out into the sun for as long as you can - UV kills all the little nasties and dries it out :-).
Old 03-08-2011, 02:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Suic, WELCOME !! Yes you do know what to do. You already did it. You posted here didn't ya ? you reached out, to a certain extent the worst is over. The people on this board will help get you pointed in the right direction now. PLEASE keep reading and posting here. Believe it or not your post may very well have helped someone else stay sober today, that's how it works.

All the best, Ron
Old 03-08-2011, 03:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Suic, sounds good, are you going to toss any alcohol that remains in the house if there is any? Anything else you know you are going to do or not do as you move forward with this?
Old 03-08-2011, 03:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks for the posts everybody. Today I went to AA. I've been sober all day (unless you count the Clonazepam I took to ease the withdrawals). I liked it. No alcohol, or pot even left in the house
Old 03-08-2011, 03:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Great work, keep comin' back!

It really, honestly does get better. It can be a little uncomfortable for awhile, and early sobriety has its ups and downs, but the more you throw yourself wholeheartedly into recovery, the better off you will be, and the more quickly it will pass.

Another meeting tomorrow?
Old 03-08-2011, 04:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

yes another meeting tomorrow. It got so bad it's absolutely frightening. I started drinking around the clock, passing out in random public places, waking up naked in the bathtub.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Like a nightmare. But fortunately it's one we can and do awaken from.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:29 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Keep up the meetings,it gets better.