Notices

Anonymous Text Message

Old 03-03-2011, 07:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anonymous Text Message

Just received in my email an anonymous text message that read "b....slasher" and obviously this person is not in my contact list so the message did not come through. While I know I have done alot of things that I am actively taking action on...it does not justify such a message. At any rate need to give it to my HP because God loves me and I am human with all of my mistakes...unfortunately.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

To be honest, I'm not sure what that message means, but I'm sorry you got something that upset you.

D
Old 03-03-2011, 07:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The first part of the word is bitch Just listened to The beatles song let it be...I have to remember to always give it God and continue to try and love myself today. Thanks Dee!
Old 03-03-2011, 07:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Like the bb says. Often times we step on other people's toes and they retaliate. Anytime there is conflict I ask myself "what part did I play in this". More often than not, I did something that provoked the actions of others. It doesn't make what they do justified, but it does allow me to grow as a person and realize that there is no action without a reaction... There are also times that people treat us bad and we had no part in it. In those times I remind myself that they are not doing it TO ME. They would do it to anyone. They are sick to. All we can do is promptly admit when we are wrong and make ammends. Once that is done, you've done your part and can move on... If not we can sit in that resentment and ultimately risk our own sobriety.

Hang in there!
Old 03-03-2011, 08:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know my part alot...just so wish I could of got this alot sooner and saved myself and alot of others from so much pain. Looking at step 8 and will continue to ask my HP for strength and courage. Not sure whom the message came from - but will not risk my sobriety and pray for whom ever it was.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

recoverywfaith:
I'm sorry you received such a message. But, listen! In our active using days. There are things we did and said, that I'm sure we don't remember. Some people can and are very cruel. There are jokesters too.

You can only control your own actions, words, etc. It will drive you nuts if you sit around trying to figure out who sent that to you. But I'm going to share something with you. When I was going thru Army Basic Training, back in 1985. I had a drill sargeant tell me: Don't sweat the small sh*t. I've pretty much lived by those words. And I was in combat boots for 22 years. My husband just laughs at me, when I throw that up.

It's saved me a lot of grief and heartache. Have I said things to people that hurt their feelings? Yes. And I did apologize if I got the chance. If they didn't want to accept it. Then so be it. I'm not going to sit around and sit on that person's door step waiting for them to accept my apology.

My time is as valuable as theirs. I'm no more in control of your life, than you are mine. So move on with your program and don't worry about "small sh*t". Everyone has an axe to throw, you were the target on that one. They'll have a new target in a few days.

Best of luck to ya

TOD
Old 03-04-2011, 05:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by reggiewayne View Post
Often times we step on other people's toes and they retaliate.
Ah, Reggie, but keep reading! Next sentence is "Sometimes they hurt us, seemingly without provocation, but we invariably find that at some time in the past we have made decisions based on self which later placed us in a position to be hurt."

See, that's all I have to do to be placed in a position to get hurt. I just have to make decisions based on self. Me being at the steering wheel of my life, chasing after what I think I need, trying to shape things to cover my wants, puts me in this position.

And I don't have to even see the cause and effect of it. I just have to be able to see where I've made those decisions based on self. Where have I been driven by fear?

quote aabb1st