Notices

Opiate Withdrawal - Day 2

Old 03-01-2011, 09:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Opiate Withdrawal - Day 2

Is today. Can't take time off work so I'm sitting here in my office sweating, with horrible chills, having to pretend I'm fine.

Also, I'm fairly certain time is either stopped, or going backwards.

Been reading this site a lot in the last few weeks as I've been working up the courage to get clean (again...). My timing could've been better, but then again, that last batch of pills I bought were supposed to last through this week, but of course, I'm a pathetic addict and they were gone by Sunday night. I made my bed, etc.

Just thought it might feel better if I could throw some of my thoughts down "on paper."
Old 03-01-2011, 12:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your decision to push the monkey off your back, that took guts!

If I were you, I'd be sure to drink lots of water to help flush out the poison.

Do you have a clean friend you can ask for support, and is there a Narcotics Anonymous meeting in your area? You need outside help and support with this one, buddy. This webpage will let you look up a meeting in your area of the world, and often includes a phone number http://www.na.org/?ID=phoneline

If your boss won't let you go home even though you probably look exactly how you feel, at least call the addiction hotline and talk to a human to help walk you through: 1-800-559-9503

Hang in there, and post on this forum if you need more support.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey thanks for the kind words. This is my 2nd time needing to get clean. Did it when I was 21 and that lasted until 26, but broke my foot, got prescribed vicodin, and it was the crack in the glass armor that got me back in.

I'm definitely looking into a meetings, but I think, for now, as soon as I can get home and be under a blanket watching mindless TV, the better.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi MnkeyOnMyBack

I don't know anything much about opiates but welcome.
Do consider checking with a doctor if you feel too bad.

We also have a substance abuse forum you may be interested in
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Hope you feel better soon
D
Old 03-01-2011, 01:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I remember feeling like time slowed so much the first day that I stopped drinking. I would look at the clock, sure that an hour had passed and it would only be 5 minutes!

Do check with your dr and hang in there!
Old 03-01-2011, 02:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks, watching the clock so in a few hours I can go get out of my dress clothes, into some sweats, and hide under my blanket with my dog. It absolutely is the best medicine.