Notices

Ativan tramadol oxycodeine

Old 02-28-2011, 08:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ativan tramadol oxycodeine

I'm very new to this site. I am trying to understand my husband's behavior and it is driving me nuts to say the least. He was off all meds except those given by psychiatrist for depression and major anxiety (effexor & zoloft) and ambien at night to sleep. Also on prednisone for autoimmune rheumititis. Been doing better for last 3 months. Then he got into some of my medicines that are normally hidden & locked up. He fessed up to taking 30 tramadol tabs, 22 oxycodeine, and 15 or so flexerill. He fessedup because I found 2 pills in his pocket before putting in wash. He says he finished them all over 2 weeks ago. Would he still be experiencing 'withdrawals'? His personality is all over the place. One day nice, sweet, calm, the next day exhausted, irritable, attacking, and then some days just tired and withdrawn and in his own world not hearing or doing things appropriately. Can this be withdrawals after 2 weeks or was that enough medicine to give him withdrawals??? Oh, and he is constantly hot and sweaty. Any guidance of how long withdrawals last or what I should look for would be greatly appreciated. I have my hands full with my own illnesses and my mom is in Hospice. I can't take much more. Thanks.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ladida, welcome and glad you are with us.

I am sorry to see your difficult situation and wish you strength.

My suggestion is for him to see a Dr. ASAP. I am not well versed with meds but definitely can tell you that mixing meds and using ones not prescribed is highly dangerous and from what you wrote....I would be at the ER at this point with all those different meds.

He needs to be seen by a Dr. We are definitely here to support you but we can't give medical advice.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

:ghug3Hi Ladida,good advice from kim,I withdrew from Major Tranqualiser Addiction many years ago now.I was under the care of a Good Doctor...........I gradually had to cut down......... Your Man needs..... help............He needs to see the Importance of never messing with Medication...........They will kill.

Does he want to live...............that is the question he must answer himself.
I am one of the lucky ones that got away from.........All Medication after been addicted to them for 25 years.
I needed them I was told...........what a waste of many years of Feelings.
Feelings are Important to living............I was a Zombie and did not know it until I got free from all medication..............Medication only covers up underlying Personality Problems.
I am attending ACOA for the last 2 years...........Its Painful at times.......but Im now growing emotionally at last.

I have discovered that I am an Adult Child of A Dysfunctional Family..........Twisted Coping Skills,"because My Mother was a Tranx Addict and Dad Liked a drink....Ha", that could never work in the real World.
Its up to him get help,Live now or Die.
I picked Life TG.

I wish you nothing but the best.......hoping things work out......they have too.:ghug3
Old 02-28-2011, 09:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please talk to your dr about the health concerns.

I hope seek support for yourself.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I did call his doctor and gave her the amounts he had stolen and her answer to me was that she did not think it was enough to cause 'withdrawals' and to try not to dwell on it. We go for a routine blood draw in 3 weeks, I wonder if she could tell if he still has stuff in his system.
ALso, may I ask what NOCA is? Thank you all.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know what NOCA is.

I hope you can find some peace in your life.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

ANNA you are refering to my Post.........Its ACOA..........Or ACDF

There is loads about this Dysfunction on the net..........

I started our Meeting 2 years Ago...........Brilliant

ADULT CHILDREN OF DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILIES
(According to the book written by Dr. Janet Geringer Woititz, called "Adult Children of Alcoholics)
ADULT CHILDREN GUESS AT WHAT NORMAL IS
ADULT CHILDREN HAVE DIFFICULTY IN FOLLOWING A PROJECT THROUGH
FROM BEGINNING TO END
ADULT CHILDREN LIE WHEN IT WOULD BE JUST AS EASY TO TELL THE TRUTH
ADULT CHILDREN JUDGE THEMSELVES WITHOUT MERCY
ADULT CHILDREN HAVE DIFFICULTY HAVING FUN
ADULT CHILDREN TAKE THEMSELVES VERY SERIOUSLY
ADULT CHILDREN HAVE DIFFICULTY WITH INTIMATE RELATIONSHIPS
ADULT CHILDREN OVER-REACT TO CHANGES OVER WHICH THEY HAVE NO
CONTROL
ADULT CHILDREN CONSTANTLY SEEK APPROVAL AND AFFIRMATION
ADULT CHILDREN FEEL THAT THEY ARE DIFFERENT FROM OTHER PEOPLE