Don't know what to make of it..

Old 02-25-2011, 12:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Don't know what to make of it..

Well AD has been on her own 6 mos. I have seen her twice briefly and get short texts from her from time to time. Yesterday she texts to tell me that her friend overdosed and she saved this friend but is now considering going on methadone treatment because she is on our health insurance plan so it might be covered. I told I was glad she saved her friend and it's good if that makes her want to change her situation. I didn't know what else to say to her...
Old 02-25-2011, 12:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is great news. Can you tell her how proud you are of her for thinking about making this first step? That you love her and will support her all the way. Sometimes it takes what she went through to meet her bottom and finally want to change her life. I dont know much about what you have been through but sounds like you detached which was good. But now can you step up and be there for her or is there too much I dont know about that you dont feel you can do that? I have a 25 year old son addicted to oxys and heroin and if you have gone through as much as I have you do not have any trust yet. But if and when he actually does want to get clean I will be there for him.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think what you said was fine..we've all heard the empty promises before and are rightfully skeptical..hopefully she means it this time..if she does, you will be there supporting her recovery I'm sure..time will tell, hang in there
Old 02-25-2011, 12:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I didn't know what else to say to her...
I think you said enough. If she's serious, she'll take steps to make it happen, not just send you texts that she is thinking about making it happen.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks all. I guess I am just waiting to see if she does anything. I texted her today to see if her friend was okay and got no answer. I am certain she knows we would support any move she makes toward recovery.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am certain she knows that you would support her:ghug3