Yes, move out of state...

Old 02-25-2011, 10:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LS2

Yes, move out of state...

and bring your issues with you. After all I know I will be okay...without him. I am coming to terms with the single mom thing.

This morning I told him you leave or I leave. He knows it would be selfish to stay in the house and making the kids and I move. He's upset that he won't get the nicer vehicle, sorry bud you have 4 DUI's. I said, well you have your snowmobile, four wheeler, fish house and camper that you decided to purchase without my knowledge.

He says he will move out of state because I won't let him do unsupervised custody if he would ever file for it... and he claims the kids will be ruined for life without a dad around.

I just need to stay strong and not fall back on his gulit trips. Al-anon and SR give me the best support!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh me, me, please me pick me! I call total and complete b.s.!

XAH fed me the same nonesense about our child becoming a teen pregnancy or a prostitute if HE wasn't around to somehow shape her into a wonderful adult. What b.s.

My child is nowhere near a teenager, but I can tell you that when we lived with XAH, she was not a smiling little baby. It took about 3 months after we moved in with my parents for her to realize that things were ok, and now she's fantastically happy and well-behaved (well, er, as well-behaved as any 2 year old can be!).

Yes, let him move out of state. It'll be WAY easier for you when he does.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LS2 View Post
He says he will move out of state because I won't let him do unsupervised custody if he would ever file for it... and he claims the kids will be ruined for life without a dad around.
....and so he's going to do all he can to make sure the kids' lives are ruined? Huh??? Yeah, that makes sense in QUACKLAND!!

QUACK!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Personally I prefer the Continental Divide
between myself and my exes.

and that's because regardless of the picture he's painting -

not a state in the union has a fence around it.

If I could find one - I'd move there.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The fact that he basically threatening to ruin the kids lives shows how little he truly cares. I know I love my kids so much that even if my husband made me mad I would ALWAYS go see them whenever I could. I wouldn't move away from them in a million years.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

LS2, I am a single Mom of 11 years with two teenage daughters. They are honor students, athletes, and all-around great young people. I live 3000 miles away from their father; he said the same things back then. And I believe kids need both parents, but what if one parent is unhealthy? Or if the marriage is super dysfunctional? Then, well, it no longer matters.

The single Mom thing has been a bumpy yet utterly fantastic journey. I am very proud of my kids and myself for the job I've done as a mother, all by myself.

I agree - he's quacking - ignore it and press on. You are going to be a wonderful single Mom and everything will be ok.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by barb dwyer View Post
Personally I prefer the Continental Divide
between myself and my exes.

and that's because regardless of the picture he's painting -

not a state in the union has a fence around it.

If I could find one - I'd move there.
Oh - and LOL barb - I totally agree with that one! I could not get out of town fast enough after my divorce!