Woke up feeling peaceful

Old 02-25-2011, 05:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Woke up feeling peaceful

We had a nice evening, went out to grab a bite to eat, came home and watched TV, everything was as close to a normal (non A) existence as one could wish for. I slept well, no knot in stomach, woke up to ADP getting ready for work and kissing me goodbye in his sweet and loving way. I didn't want to let him go, I wanted to freeze this moment in time because it's Friday and the dreaded weekend is here and no matter how calm and secure I felt this morning, I know what the weekend holds. I will try, as I always do, to avoid anything that will set him off, but in my heart I know that this is not about me or anything I might say or do. When he's drunk, the unpleasant behaviour will happen and the weekend will be one fight after another, or just an extension of whatever ticked him off in the first place if he remembers.
So right now, I am just trying to enjoy this peaceful feeling, hoping for the best but expecting the worse. And really trying to work on my acceptance of what will never be.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just a brief update, the weekend went smoothly. Either he had cut back on the booze somewhat, or was making a supreme effort to be non confrontational so as to not blow his chances on a sunday morning romp, but either way it was pretty nice until dinner time Sunday which became a food fight (not in the Animal House way lol) just a misunderstanding about what we were having. I can't blame that on the booze, that's just typical male behaviour.
Just as an addendum: I had mentioned I had a problem sleeping, so he bought me a bottle of Kahlua. Isn't that the answer to all problems? Alcohol.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ha ha on the alcohol for sleeping. I find a couple tylenol pm do the trick quite nicely.

Maybe the weekend went better because you are working on acceptance?! I am still amazed at how easily my RAH changes his behavior based on the changes in mine. Shoot - there's a lot of power in that that I never realized! (Not bad power, but power to influence without saying a word).

Gosh I used to dread the weekends - Sunday mainly would be lousy. Now I look forward to them!! I've been more productive in the last 2 months than in the last year.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We had another nice weekend, Friday included. It's as if he is really trying to not stir up stuff and isn't picking on me, which is a relief. His brother, who is a Dr sent some medication for him to try, that is supposed to curtail the urge for booze and he says he wants to quit and he hopes it works, but hasn't started taking the pills yet. This means he really hasn't committed to quitting, because all he has to do is take 2 pills a day just to see if it helps, but he hasn't. I don't want to bug him about it or it will be construed as bitching or trying to be a control freak, so I will sit and wait for him to get into the right 'mind set'. I am hopeful and it a far better place than I was just a month ago, but we all know how quickly that can change.