Notices

First time( and I pray last time doing this right!

Old 02-24-2011, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up First time( and I pray last time doing this right!

Hi all,

Ive been around this board for many many years trying to get sober. The last 4 years of my life especially (since I had back surgery) and the golden ticket to large amounts of opiates, that started off pretty much right away absuing them, to finally over the last year injecting.

I went into a deto facility at the end of last month and got off everything, but I used opiates the second I got out. I had decided not to drink again but I hadnt made the decision (although I knew at this point it was lie or death and the end of madness of years of running around dr's visit, buying, selling, getting needing more and more jsut for feel somewhat "normal" to be able to go to work and all the while drinking immense amounts of beer the entire time

Ive havent had a dink in 28 days and have been off opiates 10% for 10 days now.

I feel fabulous, well of course faubulous for only bieng off them 10 days, i still have times of depression, lack of energy etc etc but I also have so much more than that.

This time and for the very first time I am etrememly active in AA, have a wonderful sponsor, have been meeting just the right amount of sober ladies with a good amount of clean time that are mroe than happy to talk to me and show me the way. I am praying daily A LOT, doing EVERYHTING and ANYHTING my sponsor and anyone in the program who has what I want and can keep me doing what I am B/c for the first time ITS working and Im not going to let this oppertunity pass me by, I have way too much to lose and now I have people who care (bc I really odnt have family of my own etc who pushed me to this I wanted/needed it finally) for myself.

Through AA I now feel like I am building this HUGE family of people that (this time around b.c I am really getting involved and putting myself out there) and doing WHATEVER it TAKES, and seeing IT CAN BE DONE, I have people that care aobut me and I do them and that fmaily is growing and I love it.

I am making sober friends and starting to be able to do things I forgot even existed, w/ sober firends which I guess is called LIVING LIFE!

I have a long way to go and have been nattleing this A LONG time as you can see if you look at my previous years of posts here, but I never did it like this and gave it MY ALL.

I am exicted to be able to share this journey with you all as well to let people know , that yes I am a baby at this and the program (the right way) but I know this will help keep me sober too, and I would love to share this journey witht hte great people here at SR as well.

Ill share a lot more of the AMAZING things that have ALREADY been happening in my life, but Ill save that for the days to come.

just wanted to reintroduce myself and let anyone know that if I can get this far YOU can too and there is hope.

<3 Best

So
Old 02-24-2011, 06:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back bestofme
I hope this time can be your time

D
Old 02-24-2011, 07:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ive havent had a drink in 28 days and have been off opiates 10% for 10 days now.
Congrats on 28 days without alcohol. What exactly does "off opiates 10% for 10 days" mean? Are you still taking opiates or not?
Old 02-24-2011, 08:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

HAHA 10 days 100% off everything!

So opiates I meant 10 days, and 100% sober for 10 days (including alcohol)!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

bestofme - You have so much a reason to be happy! Congratulations on 10 days!!! I'm on day 5 so I'm right behind you! I'm following AA too! I just got my Big Book and another book from AA called 'Living Sober' with tips on how to stay sober that members have shared. This can be an exciting time for both of us...the door of HOPE is wide open! Let's jump in!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to know you are making progress...

Welcome....