Notices

New Here... Hello... !!

Old 02-22-2011, 11:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Here... Hello... !!

Hi,

Im only new to the forum. I suffer from anxiety (both social and specific), depressive episodes and also suffer obsessional thoughts. I medicate with drink and drugs (even thought i know they dont help my mental health).
I have went for an assesment in an addiction counselling centre. I know i need to get off drugs and need to lesson my alcohol intake. I am currently waiting for a key worker to help guide me along. :ghug3
because of anxiety i also have found myself somewhat dependant to xanex for some social situations. This would be 2/3 times a week. I really dont know what imk going to do if i have to stop them too.
My mother is an abusive/violent/selfish alcholic. Her and my father have recently seperated so she does not live with me anymore (thank god!) but she still has her ways of getting to me. I also fear that i will end up like her - no friend, no life...only drink and tablets...

I'll stop writing now as this is just an intoduction...but i could go on for hours...
Looking forward to getting support and giving support to and from those who are in similar situations and can relate.

...CheekyAngel...
Old 02-22-2011, 12:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome Cheeky!!! I'm so glad you found SR as you will no doubt get a lot of encouragement and stregth here. Great job about seeing someone about your addictions, it is a great step. I would also say a trip to the doctor's office would be great, especially to get answers about going off Xanex.

See ya around :ghug3
Old 02-22-2011, 12:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Cheeky Angel

A lot of us self medicated (for various reasons) and a lot of struggled with the idea of living without that self medication too...you'll find a lot of support here

I hope your meeting with the key worker goes well

D
Old 02-22-2011, 12:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope we can help you as much as this site has helped me.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Cheeky...glad you're here! =)
Old 02-23-2011, 08:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi,
Thanks for the welcomes.
Been having a look through some of the forums and people sound so supportive.

I am dreading stating addiction counselling because im afraid i wont be able to do it. I've let myself down so many times that i just feel its going to be more difficult then i am prepared for...

Long but worth while journey it will be...

...SweetyMonkey...
Old 02-24-2011, 05:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

HAHA love your signature hightara ... as im irish too !!

CheekyAngel

Old 02-24-2011, 06:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome. I am pretty new here too. It took me fearing I had pickled my liver to scare me enough to stop. Still waiting on the final test results. Alot of us had hit the bottle to deal with anxiety, stress, and similar situations. Finding a place such as this has been immensely helpful to me quitting the drink. Everyone here is ready to lend an open ear and advice, but most importantly, an open hand to those struggling with addiction. You aren't alone here.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by poorguy View Post
It took me fearing I had pickled my liver to scare me enough to stop. Still waiting on the final test results.
I hope the final results go well...let me know how you get on, if you want.

Thanks for the welcome...so far people are so supportive and you get great feedback with concerns and generals questions. Best of luck staying off the booze!

Take Care
...CheekyAngel...