Notices

Think im in the right place

Old 02-21-2011, 04:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Think im in the right place

Ive just joined this site, and was about to give up as i was getting lost going through the different pages and couldnt really find anything that was for me. Until i found this page. I am aware that drugs have made my life unmanageable. Through using drugs i have been a terrible wife and bad mother. I have made wrong decisions when i knew what was the right one. I have put my marriage in jepardy. I have lost my self respect. I have lost most of my friends. I have put myself at risk. My life is definately unmanageable. so what do i do next?

please help folks
Old 02-21-2011, 06:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello mise06,

I wanted to respond and say first if you post on the substance abuse or alcohol abuse threads you may get quicker and more responses.

You have taken tht first step to admit that you need help. I will suggest you get to a doctor and ask for help in detox. I am not sure what your DOC (drug of choice) is, but there are some that have dangerous withdrawels.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family
Old 02-21-2011, 06:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Ic1972 for your reply. My DOC is Mephedrone or Cocaine. My doctor hasnt been much use to date, but in fairness i supposed i havent been as honest as i should have been. This site has kept me occupied for a number of hours now, and its nice to read other ppls stories and just get words of understanding from people who do understand. I wouldve used this time planning ways to get out this evening to score or use. Im always thinking ahead of next score or tmrw or where next hit is coming from. Thinking of ways to get out of the house, or inventing stories that will get me out tmrw or the next day. Its hard to slow your brain down into the here and now.

Thanks again
Old 02-21-2011, 09:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your surrender. Stop the misery. Get to a meeting. The people at the meeting will help you. The whole program is in th book . Read, go to meetings. Thi is a program of action. You have taken your first step(action). Good Job. You are a good person with a terrible disease. Find your higher power and you are in recovery. Keep up the good work. There is nothing more important than this right now.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My friend.. Continue on the road of recovery.. I could relate with you.. the confusion the time i was using was really terrible.. I'm grateful today to my Higher Power for saving me from my addiction..
Old 02-26-2011, 05:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome!

The 12 steps are certainly a path to freedom for any addict seeking recovery!
Do you know how to find an Narcotics Anonymous meetings?

We don't have to do this alone. Quite frankly, I personally could not do it alone, I tried.
NA suggests you take the steps with a sponsor. A sponsor who has taken the steps themselves can help guide you through yours.

You can find meetings and read the NA Basic Text online at www.NA.org - the website for the Fellowship of Narcotics Anonymous

NA works for me,
Missy