Notices

Getting Off Opiates For the 2nd Time, Need Advice

Old 02-15-2011, 07:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting Off Opiates For the 2nd Time, Need Advice

I am struggling here with opiate abuse and even managed to check myself into a detox program for 5 days at Thanksgiving where they put me on subutex while I was there and when I was released I was in a program where I was supposed to do to group once every two weeks and they gave me a script for suboxone but I missed a few group sessions and now the dr said he cannot help me any more and I started using again but I want, no make that I NEED to get clean but am petrified that I am going to have bad withdrawal's since I was stupid and started using oxy's again. I am asjamed to say that so far this week I have taken over 120 (5) Mg combination of oxycodone and perc's.

I am desperately trying to find a new dr but the problem is that you need a special license to prescribe Suboxone and so far I am having no luck. My question is that because I did go through the detox and have been on Suboxone on and off since Thanksgiving what I am I looking at for withdrawals and will they be really severe?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated and ny advice on how to keep clean will also make this guy's life a little easier!

Thank you all in advance for being compassionate, I know I put myself into this situation but I can't give up I need to fight and claw my way back to being a productive member of society and put this horrific bad decision after bad decision behind me.

I am 35 years old and have been a user for way too long and just need to reclaim my life back as mine.

I am looking forward to seeing what you have to advise me to do, thanks again and karma will help you in your life down the road for having the compassion to help out a fellow person!!!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you need to find a doctor go to:

http://buprenorphine.samhsa.gov/bwns_locator/

There is a list of doctors, state by state, that can dispense bup.

Costly if you don't have insurance.

But, you can cut down pretty quickly and stay on a low dose for as long as you feel confortable. Most doc's will allow you to call the shots after the initial dosage, which they will suggest for you

Good luck. There is a forum section here for bupe (subutex and suboxone)

Last edited by Dee74; 02-15-2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: edited forum link
Old 02-15-2011, 07:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hooligan

Nice to see you got it posted, some members here with more experience may help you out.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi luv2live

That link above also has treatment programmes, listed by location.

Our subs forums is here:
Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Good luck with the new doctor - I really recommend some kind of support network as well to keep you in recovery, whether it's counselling, rehab, NA, or at least SR.

Welcome
D